It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2012, 12:38 PM   #1
(female)

enchanted27 HB User
not sure whats going on...

So heres the thing, ive been on medication for depression, anxiety, bi polar, and sleeping. But even with all of this, im still getting really depressed and my husband says ive been moody and idont know what to do. Ive tried talking with my doctor about this but she keeps my meds the same. Im in counseling every week, and that helps some but most days i just want to lay in bed or im biting everyone's head off. Can anyone help me and tell me whats going on? I would REALLY appreciate it!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2012, 04:38 AM   #2
(female)

lynnlee HB Userlynnlee HB User
Re: not sure whats going on...

Well, no two people are exactly alike and need the same meds, but...when i was on on a few meds and still depressed it was because i was on the wrong meds. I have a doc who really listens to me now and will switch a med if i say its not working after 6 months of trying it. If your doc wont listen after a good amount of trial time you may need to find a different med doctor. Its not doing you any good to stay on meds that arent working for you...right? But due to withdrawl and serious issues from getting off meds, you should make sure a doc is directing everything, the switch. Just do what ya gotta do to be well, mentally. Life can be good again, just be very vocal about your needs and make sure you have a doc that listens to you when you say you are not getting better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2012, 08:36 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

TinoRock HB UserTinoRock HB UserTinoRock HB UserTinoRock HB UserTinoRock HB UserTinoRock HB UserTinoRock HB User

A lot of bipolars don't feel that well, or exhibit symptoms, even though they are on a very good meds cocktail. It's an unfortunate fact of life. Some people don't respond to anti-depressants as well as others. I suspect you could get a more helpful reply from someone if we knew a few more facts about you. For instance: How long ago were you Dx'd bipolar or depressed? How long have you been taking this same cocktail? How many anti-depressants have you tried? How long have your symptoms been worse?

Have you asked your doctor directly why she doesn't wish to change anything in your meds when you feel more depressed/moody/irritable than before? It will help you to find out the reason for her stance. Again, drugs never guarantee that symptoms are erased. Some people are luckier than others with problems like ours. Best wishes & good luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to TinoRock For This Useful Post:
enchanted27 (07-31-2012)
Old 07-31-2012, 04:25 AM   #4
(female)

enchanted27 HB User

Thank you very much. I have a doctor's appt with her coming up soon. Ill try asking her that and go from there. (:

Old 08-01-2012, 03:33 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

TinoRock HB UserTinoRock HB UserTinoRock HB UserTinoRock HB UserTinoRock HB UserTinoRock HB UserTinoRock HB User

Hello again! One more thought on anti-D meds. Sometimes, an anti-D will work perfectly well for someone, for "X" period of time, and then the benefits mysteriously fade away. It's a well-known phenomenon, and happened to me years ago with Zoloft. It was weird. Anyway, I thought I'd throw that in just in case it's helpful -- Good Luck & keep us posted on your progress, OK?

Old 08-01-2012, 06:36 PM   #6
(female)

enchanted27 HB User

Well that ecplains the horrid depression. My zoloft just doesn't work for me. Im on 100mg of it too! I was diagnosed since i was 13 like for depression/bi polar 1 & 2/anxiety. Ive tried talking to my doctor, but for some reasin she is completely determined to keep me on this stuff. To be honest i havent been taking my zoloft for the week or so. And i dont feel as bad. Well anyways, i have my doctor's appt scheduled for next week. Ill keep you posted, and thank you very much.(:

Reply Reply