It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2012, 04:48 PM   #1
(female)

Ally0309 HB User
Question Bipolar

I was diagnosed with Bipolar disorder 5 years ago but was in a great deal of denial about it and never took meds for it. Well I was recently just diagnosed again by another doctor because I've been having bad frequent manic depressions. I go to see a psychologist this week to get on a mother med, I'm guessing a mood stabilizer. Right now I am on bupropion hcl xl 150 once a day for the depression. I guess I am looking to meet people with bipolar disorder to learn and understand more about it. My mom wasB bipolar and had manic depression. She was also an addict and alcoholic. She overdosed and passed away in 2009 and I am in therapy now to deal with that as well as other issues I've buried and ran from. I am also concerned about the whole 'weight gain' with some of these meds I've read. I use to be obese and have lost over 150 lbs and don't care to gain weight again! So I am going to discuss with the psychologist meds that will help me with my weight goals as well as the bipolar disorder. So please, anyone with bipolar guide me in this. I really appreciate it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2012, 09:24 PM   #2
(female)

lynnlee HB Userlynnlee HB User
Re: Bipolar

Hello, glad your here. I suggest to just read what others have posted and ask questions when you have them. Thats it. There is alot of good info here so just stick around and see.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2012, 06:58 PM   #3
(female)

Ally0309 HB User
Re: Bipolar

Good idea! Tha you so much! A month into the medicine and I am feeling 100% better and like myself again! I am so thankful!

Reply Reply

Tags
bipolar depression, bipolar disorder, bipolar medication, bipolar parent