It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2012, 06:36 PM   #1
(female)

LeopardMetal83 HB User
I'm on Lithobid, Lamictal and Seroquel..anyone else?

Hi, New here to the Message board! Finally!

So I recently started going to a new psychiatrist and right away she put me on lithobid (300mg for 4 days, then 600mg for 2 wks, then eventually 900mg). I am also on Seroquel 400mg, Lamictal 400mg and Vyvanse 50mg. I have never been on so many bipolar meds before. Because of the Vyvanse I have successfully lost 50 lbs. And reversed the weight gain effect! Since being on Seroquel aka my life saver 2 years ago. Which because of the blackout feeling it has prevented me from abusing alcohol or drugs. The high I get from seroquel is like nothing I have ever experienced. I am concerned about the lithobid though. I have heard nothing but great reviews about it but it makes me extremely weak. I understand I have only been taking it a week but working 2 jobs, trying to start exercising and trying to study for my Master's program I cannot risk falling behind my life dreams. I am aware my current unhappiness and my PTSD symptoms I am pretty much open to anything meds wise. I also go to therapy every 2 weeks.

Is anyone else on this combo? My psychiatrist wants me to eventually be on 300mg of Seroquel, 200 Lamictal and 900 lithobid and of course Vyvanse 50mg (which she is weary about but im sorry with all those meds and trying to lead a successful life that is just not realistic). I am extremely proud of how far I've come but I am worried this med cocktail might risk it all. I am fearful I will be so medicated that I would have to be on long term disability.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
bipolar, lamictal, lithium, seroquel