It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2012, 03:10 PM   #1
(female)

holdingupFl HB User
dangling by a thread

I am going through a deep depression and none of the meds they have tried has worked so far . I am in fear of losing my job of three years and feel like i am going to crack soon. Some days it feels like i wont make it through the day. I need some advice on dealing with this

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to holdingupFl For This Useful Post:
getbettersam (12-09-2012), kittysqueek (12-04-2012)
Old 11-16-2012, 06:29 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

TinoRock HB UserTinoRock HB UserTinoRock HB UserTinoRock HB UserTinoRock HB UserTinoRock HB UserTinoRock HB User
Re: dangling by a thread

What a shame that none of these meds seem to be helping you. Are you still working on this with a pdoc. Do you talk things out with a therapist, or a support group? If you are still in search of an anti-depressant that works, one of the best ways to "keep going" when it seems so hard, or even impossible, is to be extra vigilant in how you care for yourself in basic ways, like eating a very healthy and nutritious diet, getting daily excercise, avoiding alcohol completely, etc. The "basics" really do add-up and make a huge difference. Good luck & hang in there!

Last edited by TinoRock; 11-18-2012 at 05:46 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to TinoRock For This Useful Post:
ignoreen (11-18-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2012, 01:21 PM   #3
(female)

hope and pray HB User

I sympathize with you, I too am dangling by a thread. After going through hundreds of meds for the past 8 years, I have finally hit a brick wall and nothing is working for me anymore. The only way I'm hanging on is my faith in God, believing that he will get me through this awful time and placing my whole trust in him. I am waiting on EST treatments as a last resort and pray that they work. Keep working with your dr. and have lots of patience if at all possible and maybe finally you will find the right mixture of meds. Good luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to hope and pray For This Useful Post:
michelle (12-05-2012)
Old 12-01-2012, 05:43 PM   #4
(male)

Ryan77043 HB User

Really nice response, just had a side-note. These EST treatments are very unreliable, and undeniably expensive.
You are not supposed to have them during psychiatric disorders or while on psychiatric medication.

I had a friend who spent his last thousands of dollars on EST and he is now Homeless in Colorado

Reply Reply