It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2012, 03:17 AM   #1
(female)

holdingupFl HB User
Exclamation Depression

First post
I am Bipolar and have been on many drugs, almost every one it feels like. I am slipping deeper and deeper into depression, they used to only last 2 weeks but this is going on three months. My psych doc puts me on one and tells me to come back in a month. Then because it is no better, come back in two weeks, where he puts me on another after that. I am 100% antisocial now. I wont answer the door, wont answer the phone. About to quit/get fired from my job and drop out of college. literally all I can do is sleep. I sometimes think, maybe a major incident will help (which I know is ridiculous but sounds good when I contemplate it) or commit myself into a facility - which they could not do anything that my doctor is not already doing I suppose. Each day I get more and more desperate. I found this board and posted in hopes that someone somewhere could give me some advise on how to handle and stay alive until I FIND something to help.

Old 11-30-2012, 04:04 PM   #2
(male)

berkeley3525 HB Userberkeley3525 HB User
Re: Depression

I'm so sorry to hear you're not doing well. Since a conventional approach has not worked it may be time to look at an all natural approach which is what I'm doing. I'm focusing heavily on an all natural diet, exercise (walking) and supplements. Rather than going into lots of details, why not consider seeing a Nutritionist and a Holistic Doctor and have them develop and recommend a plan for you.

I was diagnosed Bipolar last November and was dealing with bouts of depression. I refused to consider medication A wise older Doctor told me years ago, "drugs should always be the very last option. Drugs are dangerous."

Besides seeing a Nutritionist and Holistic Doctor look for books on nutrition and see if you can find one for those suffering from depression. Become pro active and take control of your health. Live Healthy.

I'm not cured and occasionally I have a bad day but I'm having far more good days than bad days.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
bipolar, depression