It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2012, 01:40 PM   #1
(female)

Mailitx HB User
Help a girl out - manic episode length?

I know that everyone is different. That being said, I'm wanting to ask other people with bipolar (I or II) how long the manic or hypo manic episodes typically last for them. And here's why:

I'm a recovering alcoholic that was diagnosed bipolar 2 years ago and am now in a manic phase. Never would have bothered me before getting sober because I was too numb to feel it. But now, sober, I feel everything and everything is very overwhelming. I haven't gotten more than 3 hours of sleep in 38 days, to date, I hardly eat and I'm terribly distracted to the point that it's wholly interfering with my job. If I only knew what kind of average to look forward to as to when this might run its course I can use it as a goal to work towards, you know?

I am working with my p-doc as well, we're tweaking my medications to try to get me under control - but so far, it's been little help. If you have any experience or insight you'd be willing to share, I would certainly appreciate you taking the time to do so!

Old 11-24-2012, 02:58 PM   #2
(female)

lovedoll HB User
Re: Help a girl out - manic episode length?

hey
so im bipoler tip 1 and im 17 years old my manic episodes can last up to a week
hope this helped you out some
good luck and best wishes
ally

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2012, 07:33 PM   #3
(female)

Lorenucia HB User
Re: Help a girl out - manic episode length?

I look forward to each and every manic episode. Unfortunetly, they aren't as manic as they used to be, because geodon seems to keep them from getting too crazy. I'm schizophrenic and bi-polar. Thank God the geodon keeps the delusions away. I still go into major "slumps" where I basically sit in a chair and pray for death. I just came out of a 5 month slump and it seems that I'm becoming slightly manic. Yeah! Thank goodness too, because the longer a slump goes on, the more stuff piles up that I have to do when I come out of it. I just pray that I can get caught up before the next slump descends on me.

Reply Reply

Tags
bipolar, episode, insomnia, manic, med