It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2012, 06:41 PM   #1
(female)

Mary Anon HB User
Question How do you provide structure to your days?

As someone with bipolar I have extremely poor organization skills.

This includes time management. Ironically too much free time can be a curse--especially without the emotional or financial means to enjoy or use it. Sometimes my medicine makes me tired too. Or at least lacking in ambition.

Does anyone have answers?

The following user gives a hug of support to Mary Anon:
kgrant1 (12-14-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to Mary Anon For This Useful Post:
michelle (12-05-2012)
Old 12-14-2012, 06:10 AM   #2
(male)

kgrant1 HB User
Re: How do you provide structure to your days?

Hi Mary Anon, I wish I had answers for you. I know exactly what you are feeling! I am struggling with the same issues. I feel so lost. I have rep payee for my SSDI because of my mania and impulse buying. I too have lost my ambition and can't seem to self motivate. I have been searching these boards for answers and haven't found any yet... yet being the key word.
I also sleep during the day anywhere from 2-4 hours. I think I am escaping from the world or it's my medications. I can't tell anymore. It's even affecting my faith which has been my life support. I wanted to even volunteer somewhere for a couple of hours but can't self motivate to do even that.

I really hope you find the answers you are looking for. I can only offer my understanding and support.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2012, 05:26 PM   #3
(female)

hope and pray HB User

I have the same problem with too much time on my hands. I have tried writing out a schedule for each day but when my depression worsens I can't seem to make myself stick to it. I don't have the self-discipline during the depressive episodes. I have no motivation to do anything, to get out of bed, to visit with my family, everything seems so futile. I am currently on new meds and taking ECT treatments, but so far no good changes.

Old 12-23-2012, 12:15 PM   #4
(male)

berkeley3525 HB Userberkeley3525 HB User

Like KGrant & Hope & Pray, I have no motivation to do anything other than the basics. Is it possible that lack of motivation is a part of the illness. I'm grateful that I can function each day and do the basics. I also wanted to volunteer and can't do that. I'm basically just existing. This is an awful illness but I can think of worst illnesses.

Old 12-26-2012, 03:03 PM   #5
(female)

thatgirl141 HB Userthatgirl141 HB User

you can "hope&pray" , keep yourself busy ... with all this free time on your hands you can also choose to learn about your disorder so you're not left in the darkness.

--stay positive, Good Luck.

Reply Reply

Tags
bipolar, emotional, medicine, time management