It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2012, 05:50 PM   #1
(female)

Ouroborus HB User
Advice wanted

Hey,

This is probably going to seem like nothing compared to many of the problems on here, but at the moment I still have enough reasoning to try and look for some sort of help (without wanting to go back to a doctor).

A few years ago, I used to have severe manic depression, but through medication, friends and a lot of effort, things have become ok. In the past couple of years or so, I've found myself missing the manic side. I know it's not great to feel that, as if I'm honest with myself, that was more dangerous than the depression.

Anyway, I've started finding myself repeating some of the stuff I was doing when I was having 'a manic episode' recently, and am getting a bit concerned. I keep doing things that are getting me into bad and also stupidly dangerous situations. I'm don't even want to state it all fully on here, but I was just hoping someone had some advice about how I could stop this? I'm in a place where I don't want this to affect the better aspects of my life, but don't know how and don't want to go back onto medication.

Thanks in advance.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:07 AM   #2
(male)

SeanOGriofa HB User
Re: Advice wanted

Hi there,

I totally appreciate what you mean when you say you miss those manic episodes but I also appreciate how distructive they can be.

I lost everything bar some friends and family after two manic episodes both of which but me in hospital. Thank God I am well and happy now.

In hindsight I feel that my second stay in hospital could have been prevented by early intervention if I had identified the triggers leading to my severe episode.

I know the last thing you want is to go backwards but it sounds like you may need some help to get you through this current stage. That may involve medication and it may not but I think you should talk to a medical professional and get their opinion.

I am no expert but you should prioritise your health and manage your mental health. If that involves some medication it is a small price to pay.

The Following User Says Thank You to SeanOGriofa For This Useful Post:
Ouroborus (01-14-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2013, 02:54 PM   #3
(female)

Ouroborus HB User
Re: Advice wanted

Thanks for this. I'm often quite bad at sharing so it makes a huge difference to me to have a viewpoint from someone else.

Reply Reply