It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2013, 03:51 PM   #1
(female)

Impie HB User
Bipolar or just normal mood swings?

I'm 18, female, and I've been this way with my moods since I was about 11.
One month I'll be really creative and full of ideas so many that I will start one and discard it to try the next, I'll do things I wouldn't usually do, I'm more sexually active and drink a lot more irresponsibly and do stupid things as a result, whenever I get paid I spend it straight away, not on something I want just anything I can find to spend money on, during this 'episode' I guess you could call it I get really really REALLY irritable and aggravated, for example the way someone drinks water would even get under my skin and I'd have the biggest urge to yell at them and punch them, and everyone around me. I dont sleep often, maybe 2-3 hours a night but I'm not tired dring day even though I lack sleep. My attention span is terrible too.

Then another month I'll be depressed, and feel guilty for feeling depressed? (makes no sense I know) I'll self harm, and oversleep getting out of bed in the morning is very difficult, I'm not motivated to do anything and sometimes I feel like ending myself because me and everyone around me would be happier, I feel really lonely even though I have friends and family who love me, I forget that completely when I'm depressed. I distance myself from people and don't like to be around anyone.

Sometimes they last a month sometimes more, also There are periods of times, although small where I am completely myself. My mum thinks I'm bipolar but I'm not sure, what do you think?

I forgot to add when I'm depressed I over it then feel guilty about it, but when I'm irritable I barely ever eat, i can go does without eating.

Last edited by Impie; 01-12-2013 at 03:58 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2013, 04:37 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

sweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB User
Re: Bipolar or just normal mood swings?

I think your mom may be correct, but it's absolutely NOTHING for you to feel bad about. Now is the perfect time to make an appointment with a psychiatrist and get diagnosed. There are medications that are very helpful for people with bipolar. My Dad was bipolar and meds helped. Good luck, honey. You deserve to be happy. If medication helps with that, and keeps you acting safer, then go for it.

Reply Reply

Tags
bipolar disorder, mental health, mood swings