It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2013, 05:04 PM   #1
(female)

RedMarie HB User
Arrow Question on Opinion on Matters Of Medication

I've been diagnosed as bipolar 1. My psychiatrist is treating it and started me on the lowest doses possible on my medicines. I was talking to my mom about it and she said maybe I would only need the lowest doses and that I shouldn't go too crazy with the medicine and that she didn't think I should let the doctor up the dosage.... I still feel depressed and I know I have a week or two before the meds are really in my system but I'm still depressed and still rapid cycling from depression to mania. I feel like if he ups them my mom will be disappointed and mad at me but I also feel like the meds aren't doing what they're supposed to be doing right now.... I'm lost and just trying to deal, any advice?

Old 05-22-2013, 01:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB User
Re: Question on Opinion on Matters Of Medication

Do what your doctor says. Ask him any questions or concerns you have about your meds and any side effects you may be having. I'm sure your mom means well, but she's not a doctor. Maybe she would like to go to your next appointment with you and she can speak to the doctor directly. Of course, that's only if you want her to go with you. Take care

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
advice needed, advice or experience, bipolar