It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2004, 07:06 AM   #1
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User
Come off depo - side effects anyone?

Bear with me this may take a while. I had my last Depo shot should have been due at the begining of may but DH and i decided it was time to start planning for a family, since being off the injection we have never used any form of protection (obviously).
I have recently started to have sore boobs, and i mean painfully sore, at times they feel like there throbbing, they have enlarged (gone from a C to a D cup - DH loves this lol) i have hot flushes quite often and also feel a little dizzy at times, im constantly tired and snappy and just cant seem to get enough sleep.
I am not pregnant however - this i know because i have done 6 pregnancy tests 2 each week for the past 3 weeks when the symptoms first started, its costing me a fortune.
My question is, has anyone else had any side effects after coming off the Depo shot?

Old 09-13-2004, 11:01 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

barton93 HB User
Re: Come off depo - side effects anyone?

I developed a lot of problems after Depo, including infertility. It took me 2 years to conceive my 2nd child. I started Depo after the birth of my 1st child (who took all of 5 minutes to conceive). I continued on the Depo for 2 years and didn't have a single period while on it. After my last injection...........I went for 5 years before I got my first "natural/uninduced" period. I conceived during those 5 years thanks to infertility meds. I only had my period while on the meds.....and after the birth of my son I went back to the same routine of no periods. I have been off of Depo for 8 years and my body is still so screwed up. I mysteriously developed PCOS since Depo as well as Diabetes and a boat load of other problems. Depo is the devil!!! I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2004, 03:31 AM   #3
(female)

little_miss HB User

Hi
I had exactly the same problems as you are having now really sore boobs, and an increase in size too, it seemed to be when i came off the depo i had a surge in hormones and this is what causes it. Thankfully it has stopped now for me it only last about three to four months but i would suspect it will depend on how long you have been getting the depo shot it also took more than a year for my periods to get back to normal.

good luck

Old 09-19-2004, 10:18 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User

Thankyou both for your reply, is much appreciated. went to doctor shes unsure of what it is, thinks i could be pregnant but i told her that id done some home prgnancy tests and they had come up negative but she said there not as sensitive as the lab ones so had to send in urine sample, she said if the painfull swollen breasts are still there in 2 weeks to go back to her and do another sample and if thats negative then shell take it from there. I get my results tomorrow and really would like a positive but im convinced it will be negative as home tests were! The wait is killing me! Anyhow sorry to go on a bit but thanks again.
sam p

Old 09-22-2004, 12:56 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User

I get sore and enlarged boobs while I am on depo and the two times I have been off it. (my hubby loves it too when they swell, he asks when did you get implants?? It sucks they hurt so bad, especially when I take off my bra-ooooh that hurts, I won't even let him TOUCH them!) I don't know why we go through these hormonal bouts, but I asked my dr and it wasn't anything to worry about. My boobs were swollen and hurting for three months, and I was never pregnant. THis last time, I was on depo. I doubt you will get a straight answer on this, sorry to say. Hope you get some relief soon though!(oh, and mine just shrank and quit hurting this past week )

Old 09-22-2004, 07:13 AM   #6
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User

was -ve, but never mind, im glad other people have had swollen boobs and its not just me, they hurt like hell and i cant wait for them to go down, thanks for all your info, doc wants me back in 2 weeks if theyve not gone down but prob wont bother wasting her time, its obvious its one of the side effects and im sure in time they will go down (to DH dissapointment, lol)

Closed Thread