It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2004, 11:22 AM  
Veteran

monarchangel HB User
Microgestin fe

I need some help. I have been taking microgestin fe for about 4 months and have had no problem. Actually, I love it because I haven't had any of the side effects that I had with the other pill I was on. And now, I have some breakthrough bleeding. Not alot, but enough. Did this happen to anyone else who was taking microgestin?

Old 09-27-2004, 09:36 AM  

Tweets HB User
Re: Microgestin fe

I just started Microgestin-- On the 3rd week of pills and all i have is major bloating! No bleeding yet but if I have anything I'll let you know!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2005, 07:21 PM  
(female)

rizo945 HB User

I used to take Microgestin fe a couple years ago and I loved it. The reason I was taken off of it was because I began to spot also. Besides that, I had no other side effect with it. The "nurse practitioner" I saw then changed me to yasmine. I don't recommend it at all. No sex drive, anxiety attacks, etc. I also had these side effects with TriLevlen and Ovcon 50. If the spotting is something that you cannot deal with, then I would change, but if you can, Microgestin fe is the best pill I've ever been on.

Old 04-12-2005, 09:44 AM  
(female)

tbosher6463 HB User

I took loestrin fe 1/5/30 for over 9 years then my doc changed me to the generic version microgestin fe...i didn't have any side effects to either BCP but w/in the last 2 years I noticed a lot of depression. Finally, my doctor agreed to change my BC. I just took my 1st full month of Yasmin about 2wks into it I started feeling really sick, dizzy and the desire for intamicy was completely gone. I have another appointment to try something else. As for microgestin fe, honestly I loved it! No weight gain, acne or other side effects. Except for the really tender breast and not feeling normal 2 wks out of the month. My doctor explained that again due to not changing types of pills for so long my body just got used to the pill I had been using.

Old 04-12-2005, 09:49 AM  
(female)

tbosher6463 HB User

I totally agree with Rizo about microgestin fe. I loved it while I was on it, no bleeding or acne but again bloating and beast tenderness was crazy!! Rizo, now that you've stopped microgestin, if you don't mind what are you taking now? I stopped taking Yasmine after the 1st full month and am really curious about orth lo or diane 35?

Last edited by tbosher6463; 04-12-2005 at 09:52 AM.

Old 04-12-2005, 12:22 PM  
(female)

latte163 HB User

I'm on my first month off of Loestrin- I've been on it for a couple of years. I've been on LOTS of things! Started with Ortho-Tri, then Ortho, then Nordette and finally Loestrin. The others were stopped because of spotting and sure enough the same started with Loestrin. My OB-GYN told me that your body gets used to the estrogen levels after a while, thus causing spotting. Stress, illness can do so too. The one thing I agree I with is the breast tenderness! Ugh! That was not fun and very painful. Better now, but of all things...sorry this is a little gross...I'm secreting milk! I've never had a child! ANYWAY!

Since I've been off I've put on a few pounds quite quickly (4-5 in a couple of weeks) and am quite crampy and getting quick pains in my ovaries. I'm "due" next week, so we'll see if that really happens and how horrific my cramps will be! Not looking forward to it!

If you can handle the spotting, it's a good pill! Good luck!

Old 04-13-2005, 05:02 PM  

dipity200 HB User

Are you guys talking about Loestrin/Microgestin 1/20 or 1.5/30? Sometimes there's not enough estrogen in the 1/20 and there is spotting.

My question is about the depression. Is there more on 1/20 than on 1.5/30?

Thanks,
Dip

Old 07-13-2005, 11:42 AM  
(female)

Ankyra80 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by monarchangel
I need some help. I have been taking microgestin fe for about 4 months and have had no problem. Actually, I love it because I haven't had any of the side effects that I had with the other pill I was on. And now, I have some breakthrough bleeding. Not alot, but enough. Did this happen to anyone else who was taking microgestin?
Hi, Im on Microgestin 1/20 and I had some "break thru bleeding" or at least that what i thought it was around my second week of taking my first pack of pills... it happend during sex... how embarrassing... but it hasnt happend since,...
i couldnt tell if it was the pills side effects or just the rough sex...

im on my last week of taking the active pills and im terrified of what the "off week" has in store for me.... i dread long heavy periods....

Last edited by Ankyra80; 07-14-2005 at 11:23 AM.

Old 09-30-2005, 08:59 PM  
(female)

hard2growup HB User

I began spotting on my 3rd month of taking microgestin. right after working out. then got a migraine maybe a few days later. So I just let it go as a side effect that could go away during the first 3 months. Well, during the 4th month, I got depressed, and every week it got worse until the last few days of my period week. Depression went away the first week of the 5th month, then, as before, I was working out, started spotting. The very next day the depression was back, and another migraine!!! I'm finishing out my microgestin and then returning to Alesse, which I had only minor problems with. Mood swings before period, but nowhere near as bad as I'm having now, and no spotting. Also every month with microgestin my breasts were VERY tender. I personally will never touch it again, but everyone responds differently. It's nice to hear that others are experiencing the same problems though cuz I thought I was going nuts!

Old 10-01-2005, 08:57 AM  
(female)

kellis HB User

HI....I have been on Loestrin Fe 1.5/30 for a year now, and I absolutely love it! It's the best pill i've ever taken. No weight gain and my skin looks better than it ever has before. I take the generic Junel Fe. I have not had any breakthrough bleeding at all. And my sex drive is awesome!! I guess it's just finding the right pill for your body, but I would try it a little longer before switching just yet. If you are on the 1/20, maybe just go up to the 1.5/30. Good Luck!!

Old 06-09-2006, 01:46 PM  
(female)

NellWithaJ HB User
Thumbs up Re: Microgestin fe

I have been taking this pill for about 7 months now.. Everything works great for me. My doctor told me this is the generic form of loestrin, which until recently i did not know that a side affect to loestrin is light flow- to No periods at all. I only have a few complaints to be made about this pill is that i have very light periods that have been reducing and reducing since starting this pill, they use to last me 7-8 days, now they barely last me 3 days. During those 3 days the bleeding is almost non exisistant. Ive also got food cravings, and weight gain. So, needless to say i get worried every time that time of the month rolls around, because im not sure if its signs of pregnancy or my now "normal" period. I do love the fact that I no longer have tremendously heavy periods and clotting,and i have more radiant skin.the other downfall is I do get even more emotional when that time of the month rolls around, But that also just helps for me to keep in touch with myself, and makes it much easier for me to express myself, probably no fun for people around me, but hey If you can handle it, I reccomend it.

Old 06-10-2006, 08:26 AM  
(female)

justdi HB User

I was on that one for a few months and while it did regulate my periods wonderfully (with no spotting) it gave me a horrible case of cystic acne. I never had acne before, so it was quite a shock to have huge pimples show up on my face. These also left some scarring and I have had to have a series of chemical peels just to get my skin back to where it was before I took that pill.

Old 03-09-2007, 04:46 PM  
(female)

raekay HB User

Reading these posts have been very helpful!!

I just started taking Mirogestin 1/20 Sunday. I have been VERY VERY bloated since, I feel like Im PMSing! Haha... and I got a migraine today. So we'll see how it goes.

Old 03-09-2007, 05:52 PM  
(female)

MistakenPeriod HB User

I just started Microgestin sunday as well (first time ever taking birth control) but I only really spotted that day nothing since. I always thought birth control had to build-up in your system before it would end a period that quickly.. anyone else experience this or did I mistaken the spotting for a period and start my pills before I should have?

Old 03-10-2007, 01:27 PM  
(female)

Sabriel HB User

I've been taking Microegestin Fe 1/20 for almost 3 weeks now, and I've been having the spotting I know is supposed to come sometimes. But it's been going on for about 3 days now. It was light at first, but now if feels like a period some what. I dunno guess you could say im freaking out a little, but from what I've been reading in the pamphlet it sounds normal. Ugh I dunno, did anyone else experience this?

Last edited by Sabriel; 03-10-2007 at 01:28 PM.