It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2004, 08:04 PM   #1

jbitt HB User
Angry Breakthrough Bleeding - NEED HELP!

Hi,

I just finished my 6th week of seasonale. The entire 6th week i've been bleeding - since last saturday. Its been getting progressivly heavier and i've been having cramps the past 3 or 4 days. And it defintely does not seem like its going to stop anytime soon.

Does anybody know if this is going to stop at all? I have another 6 weeks until my placebo pills so i can't possibly deal with bleeding for that WHOLE time.

How can i stop the bleeding? Does anyone have any suggestions? Its sort of light (only enough to fill 2/3 of a regular tampon) but its still so annoying.

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-17-2004, 11:26 PM   #2
(female)

ara HB User
Re: Breakthrough Bleeding - NEED HELP!

I too have been on Seasonale for about 6 weeks and suddenly I started bleeding! This sucks! If i had known, i would not have taken it. Its been going on for about 10 days now and its not getting any lighter. My doctor says to keep taking it but I just want to stop taking it and sue the company. When will it stop? When the package information indicates "20 or more days of bleeding" do they seriously mean consecutive?? Does anyone know anything about this hellish drug and when I can go back to not bleeding every day?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-18-2004, 07:55 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

siren1024 HB User

I know it's annoying. I took the mini pill while breastfeeding my son and had breakthrough bleeding for the entire 2 months!!! And I hadn't even had a regular period yet.

However, I have a friend who got on seasonale, and she had alot of breakthrough bleeding at first. Especially around weeks 4-8. She was fed up. But after the first cycle, her body magically adjusted and she hasn't had any since and absolutely loves the pill. Her doc said that any time you are supressing your periods you have the risk of breakthrough bleeding until your body adjusts to the new schedule. I have heard alot of stories from seasonale where the breakthrough bleeding subisided in the first couple months and they ended up loving the drug. I wouldn't give up just yet if you're really into the 4 periods a year thing. It takes time. If you're not, and you can't live with it, by all means, get on something else.

I will probably try seasonale after this baby. My favorite birthcontrol EVER was NuvaRing.
DD born 3/24/2005

Old 12-18-2004, 09:23 AM   #4
Inactive

Hideout HB User

Seasonele says four periods but it's more like forty!! Go on a regular birth control pill - at least it's only 13 periods a year!

Old 12-18-2004, 06:28 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

BJM04 HB User

I'm on ALeese and have been for about 3 wks..my period is due ina week but came yesterday well its the breakthrough bleeding which feels just like aperiod not i geta 2 wk period..sucks..

Old 01-08-2005, 08:12 PM   #6
(female)

PaulinaGPhiB HB User

I am on seasonale and am having the same problem. I had two weeks left on my first pack before the placebo and I began bleeding. I called my physician and asked her if since it seemed I was having my period early if I should skip the placebo and she told me to go ahead and skip it. I began my second pack and continued to bleed. I have now been bleeding for two straight months. I went to my physican and she put me back on ortho tri cyclen lo. I just have to wait another month and go through my period and I should be fine. I hate this because I am soooo tired from all the bleeding. I am having to take iron pills because of this. I would not recommend seasonale to anyone. On top of the bleeding I also noticed that it isn't as affective toward ache as ortho tri cyclen lo. I would rather have periods once a month than all year long with seasonale.

Old 01-09-2005, 12:34 PM   #7
(female)

SpoiledMommy80 HB User
Question Re: Breakthrough Bleeding - NEED HELP!

i have been on seasonale for 9 weeks now and the bleeding isnt stopping for me either i wish i wouldnt even of started this but i thought hey 4 periods a year cool but yea right the 1st couple months was great no bleeding now i am annoyed by all this bleeding when will it stop dr told me too wait till your 4th month your bleeding should stop but that means i have to go out and buy another 3 month supply and will i stop bleeding i hope so when i bend over to do some thing or shovel snow i bleed worse can anyone help me understand why this is ?

Old 01-09-2005, 01:35 PM   #8

Lady_Raven HB User

wow I've never heard of seasonale but it sounds like crap!

I was on ortho-trycyclin and I got my period for a really really long time. It was just because I needed a stronger one or something.

It can't be good to be bleeding for that long though!

Old 01-10-2005, 07:39 AM   #9
(female)

SpoiledMommy80 HB User
Talking Re: Breakthrough Bleeding - NEED HELP!

yea thats what i think also but after you have a baby you bleed for 6 weeks or longer which sucks as well but at least you dont have your mind on the bleeding as much but yes still bleeding and getting tired of it big time i am gonna stick with it for a month or two and see what happens and ill keep everyone updated on this problem i am having does anyone else have the same problem started my 9th week today well at 1 pm today and this is crazy thought about contacting the comany for seasonale and sis anyone read on the precations you arent suppost to drink alot of caffine or grapefruit juice wow my dr never told me that well anyone wanna email me about this directly can at [ please carefully review the posting rules - no emails ] thanks for the reply backs

see ya amy

Last edited by moderator2; 01-10-2005 at 08:19 AM. Reason: please carefully review the posting rules - no emails

Old 01-10-2005, 07:41 AM   #10
(female)

SpoiledMommy80 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulinaGPhiB
I am on seasonale and am having the same problem. I had two weeks left on my first pack before the placebo and I began bleeding. I called my physician and asked her if since it seemed I was having my period early if I should skip the placebo and she told me to go ahead and skip it. I began my second pack and continued to bleed. I have now been bleeding for two straight months. I went to my physican and she put me back on ortho tri cyclen lo. I just have to wait another month and go through my period and I should be fine. I hate this because I am soooo tired from all the bleeding. I am having to take iron pills because of this. I would not recommend seasonale to anyone. On top of the bleeding I also noticed that it isn't as affective toward ache as ortho tri cyclen lo. I would rather have periods once a month than all year long with seasonale.
are you still bleeding now that you switched ? see i wouldnt want to switch cause of the weight gain i heard with that pill with seasonale i have lost 7 pounds in 9 weeks and i keep losing it but hate the bleeding

Old 01-14-2005, 05:00 PM   #11
(female)

Bliss1415 HB User

I have been on seasonale for 1 pill pack, i am on the placebos now. About 6 or 7 weeks into it i also experienced lots and lots of breakthrough bleeding for about 2 weeks. It was really annoying but i've heard from many sources that after another pill pack your body should be adjusted. My period has also been really wierd and i'm not sure if thats due to the excessive breakthrough bleeding or pregnancy. Anyways if i start this next pill pack and it happens again I will go back to ortho tricyclin. I was thinking about just skipping the placebos in that anyways so its pretty much the same thing.

Old 01-17-2005, 02:14 PM   #12
(female)

SpoiledMommy80 HB User

Hi All I Was On Seasonale And I Quit Taking It On Jan 13th Due To Breekthough Bleeding Well Now That I Stopped I Am Bleeding More Is This Common When You Stop A B/c ?

Old 01-18-2005, 03:36 PM   #13
(female)

SpoiledMommy80 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Breakthrough Bleeding - NEED HELP!

undefined

HEY ALL GUESS WHAT I HAVE SOME GOOD NEWS FOR ME I GOT OFF THE SEASONALE PILL ALMOST A WEEK AGO AND HAD THE BREAKTHOUGH BLEEDING WELL BEING OFF THE PILL I AM NOT BLEEDING THAT MUCH NOW I AM SO HAPPY TO BE OFF THAT DUMB PILL NOT WORTH IT LADIES I WOULD SWITCH IF I WERE YOU AND I HAVE LOST 3 POUNDS BEING OFF THE PILL AS WELL

I AM HAPPY AS CAN BE !!!!!!

Old 02-01-2005, 04:12 PM   #14
(female)

SpoiledDiva HB User

Hey i took seasonale too and on my 2nd PACK, after the first 4 weeks..i got a period (while still on pink pills)and on the 7th day of it i stop taking it and it lasted for about 14 days but i DID stop bleeding, This is for the people who are having breakthru bleeding and are scared. It did have an affect on my moods too. I was a Biatch lol

Old 02-12-2005, 03:59 PM   #15
(female)

SpoiledMommy80 HB User

hey all i just had my period and it came on time after i month of being off the seasonal i am happy now that i think i am off that terrible seasonale

Closed Thread