It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2004, 06:57 AM   #1

kind heart HB User
4 periods a year.. continuous therapy

I've been on OrthoCyclen for about 8 months. 3 month ago I began a continuous therapy regimen where I take the full pack of active pills for 3 months straight then on the 4th month have my period. I had no problems prior to that. Now, after beginning the regimen, I find myself having bleeding and spotting episodes for 2 weeks straight. Unexpected by the way. This taking a slight toll on my relationship because we cannot be intimate as often as we used to be. It bothers me more than him. Any comments or experiences. Is anyone doing a continuous therapy regimen with a pill that is working for them? ..... 4 periods a year sounds great. I know people who are on seasonale and they are having a worse experience than I am.. Can you help.....

Old 10-06-2004, 01:32 PM   #2
Inactive

goddessdana HB User
Re: 4 periods a year.. continuous therapy

Ohhhhh... don't say that!!! I'm starting seasonale pack next month for the sole puprose of stopping my period. I know the first few months are spotty, i can hang with that. But not like your describing!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2005, 06:53 AM   #3
(female)

hellokitty1 HB User

Just found this topic, so I am way behind on your conversation, however,
I have been on Alesse for 2 1/2 years now without stopping. I just do not take the "sugar" green pills.
I have had no problems not having a period on the pill and I have not had any spotting either.

I talked with the doctor and the "period" you get on the pill is not the same as a period for non-pill users. It is mostly for the peace of mind, so most women feel like woman still.
NOT me, I dont like the heaviness, the PMS symptoms, and now I can go swimming or have sex with my husband whenever I want.
It has been a blessing to be able to be on the pill for so long and not have to worry with when and where and at what "strength" my period will come.

Good luck and I hope it is working for you!

Old 07-12-2005, 09:52 AM   #4

Blowfish HB User

I have had a great experience with Seasonale, no problems whatsoever.

Old 07-12-2005, 10:39 PM   #5
(female)

lorraine521 HB User

i've been on seasonal now for a little over a year and love it, i have yet to experience any spotting, i get my period every 3 months on the last thursday of my cycle, as soon as i wake up, so i trust the pill. very slight cramping, and thats basically the only symptoms i get. i recommend this pill to anyone whos one bc or wants to use bc. its very convient, for 3 months u can have the freedom to do whatever without any worries about your period, it saves on feminin products, and the guys really love it! if you know what i mean!

Closed Thread