It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2004, 02:51 PM   #1
(female)

Katrina HB User
Unhappy Orthocyclin causing acne

Has anyone had any experience with orthocyclin (not tri) causing cystic acne? If so, have you seen any relief by switching to a different kind?

Old 10-11-2004, 07:17 PM   #2

Tweets HB User
Re: Orthocyclin causing acne

I had no problems with Acne when I was on it. Try Alesse when I switched I had a way lighter period and it didn't last as long and I never had a problem with Acne. Before I was on pills in the first place I had lotsa problems with acne. Now Im on Microgestine and 2 day periods and No acne.. its great! Look into different kinds.. All kinds will work different with others. Kinda like Depo-Provera. Most people have alot of of Horror stories with it.. and Others will swear by it! Good Luck I hope you find what you are needing!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2004, 12:35 PM   #3
(female)

mandersBC HB User

Ortho Cyclen was the first birth control pill I ever took. I have acne, but the Ortho Cyclen really seemed to make it worse. I tried it for 6 months, and only got more acne. I would say that I had a 75% increase in the occurence of cysts.

Since then, I have been on Estrostep FE, Nordette 28, Ortho Tricyclen Lo, and now generic Ortho Tricyclen. All of them were much better for my skin than the Ortho Cyclen. But everyone is different.

If you have any questions, feel free!

Old 10-12-2004, 05:13 PM   #4
(female)

Katrina HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandersBC
Ortho Cyclen was the first birth control pill I ever took. I have acne, but the Ortho Cyclen really seemed to make it worse. I tried it for 6 months, and only got more acne. I would say that I had a 75% increase in the occurence of cysts.

Since then, I have been on Estrostep FE, Nordette 28, Ortho Tricyclen Lo, and now generic Ortho Tricyclen. All of them were much better for my skin than the Ortho Cyclen. But everyone is different.

If you have any questions, feel free!
That definetly sounds like my experience. I am going to contact my OBGYN about switching. Thank you for your replies and if anyone else has any ideas, please let me know!

Old 10-12-2004, 05:43 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

bordrgrl HB User

I had bad acne on Ortho Tri-Cyclen lo despite anti-androgen therapy and topical meds for my acne. My acne was under control before I tried it. I've switched to Desogen and I'm much happier. Yasmin is also a good choice for acne-prone skin.

Old 10-15-2004, 04:32 PM   #6
(female)

Kanai HB User

I also had break-outs on Ortho Tri-Cyclen. I also gained weight and my breasts were sore for 3 weeks out of the month! I actually felt pregnant!

I switched back to Ortho Novum 35 (sp?) and have no side effects.

Last edited by Kanai; 10-15-2004 at 04:33 PM.

Closed Thread