It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2004, 01:42 PM   #1
(female)

bm28 HB User
Can you stop BCP in the middle of a pack?

Hi! Well everyone who remembers me I have been on BCP for about 12 years and I wanted to wait until my 10 yr. high school reunion was over (just in case my face broke out;which is info. that you girls helped me with) and I just had it this past weekend. I have another two weeks or so until my pack is up. Should I finish out the pack or is it just as well to go ahead and stop them????? Thank you ladies

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2004, 01:50 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

bordrgrl HB User
Re: Can you stop BCP in the middle of a pack?

I've stopped mid-pack twice. both times I got my last withdrawal bleed a couple days later, and my first real period 28 days after that. Nothing bad happened

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2004, 10:53 AM   #3

liana28 HB User

i stopped in the middle when i got blood clots and nothing irregular happened with my period

Old 10-20-2004, 01:29 PM   #4

kermitjmb HB User
Lightbulb Re: Can you stop BCP in the middle of a pack?

I have stopped in the middle too and just had some bleeding. It wasn't bad.

Old 10-21-2004, 09:17 AM   #5

jc1234 HB User

i stopped in the middle of the pack. i stopped on a thursday and then i woke up sunday to my period. i called my obgyn office and the nurse said cuz i stopped in the middle of the pack that my body thought i was though with my pills she also told me that i would get 2 periods this month. is that true and that i also have to start my new bc pills (ortho tricylcen finally) the last sunday of this month is that sunday start or whatever u call it?
and did i mess up my body now.
the only reason i just stopped taking them was because i was on generic for ortho and i didnt like them.
thank u

Old 10-21-2004, 09:39 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

bordrgrl HB User

Its very normal to bleed a couple of days after you stop mid-pack. You are withdrawing hormones from your body, just like happens with the last week of pills, which induces a bleed.
As far as when to start your new pack that is a little more tricky. Did you ask your doctor? If you don't wait for your next real period and start it with this withdrawal bleed, I would definitely use backup for awhile. It would kind of be the same as if you had missed some pills.

Old 10-21-2004, 10:31 AM   #7
(female)

bm28 HB User

I went ahead and stopped them 2 night ago...question: so if I get my period in the next few days (even though I had it just a week and a half ago) does that mean that I'm more at risk for pregnancy right now?

Old 10-21-2004, 12:01 PM   #8

Tweets HB User

Yes you have a risk of getting pregnant because its like missing pills. Im going to stop taking mine today! I talked to My doctor today and she said its ok you will just get your period sooner! :-P Hopefully all the weight that came with this damn pill will go away! Wish me luck!

Old 10-21-2004, 12:12 PM   #9
(female)

bm28 HB User

I just got my period again a little while ago (I took the last pill on Mon. night) GOOD LUCK Tweets!

Old 10-21-2004, 02:17 PM   #10

jc1234 HB User

yes i called the nurse and she said start sunday the last day of october i said to her are you sure cuz i only know to take them when my period starts
now is this true ill get another period before october up?

Old 10-23-2004, 08:12 AM   #11

FaithfulyWaiting HB User

I stopped taking mid pack as well. I didn't have any negative side effects, other than my headaches going away. I started my period right on time like I would have had I stayed on the pills, and they've been pretty regular for the past 2-3 months.. accept.. I was supposed to start Tuesday.. and it's not saturday.. and I haven't yet I'm hoping...

Old 06-21-2006, 12:55 PM   #12
(female)

ryderbaby HB User
Question Re: Can you stop BCP in the middle of a pack?

I stopped taking my bcp on last friday and just yesterday I stared spotting. Not bleeding like a normal period. I was on YAZ and it made me feel bloated and I was gaining weight. Well, my concern is I have endometriosis and I was taking the bcp continuously so that I won't have a period and havent had one since I started them 3 months ago. So, should I talk to my doctor or is everything ok?? I am having a lot of pain but not a lot of bleeding??

Closed Thread