It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2004, 01:47 PM   #1
(female)

relyt HB User
Low sex drive from BCP

Has anyone experienced low sex drive from BCP and been prescribed a different pill? I originally was on one (can't remember the name) but I noticed I was always "dry" so they switched me to Solia (a form of desogen). Well it seems as now I do not have any sex drive whatsoever. I have been with the same guy and I love him and am attracted to him. BUt when I do have sex I have to force myself to make him happy.
I was hoping there was another pill I could suggest to my doctor to stop this decrease in sex drive....

Old 12-06-2004, 02:56 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

bordrgrl HB User
Re: Low sex drive from BCP

I'm currently on Desogen and have the same problem. Every other pill I've been on this has done the same thing. But I steer clear of the very androgenic pills for acne reasons.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2004, 03:06 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

BJM04 HB User

Every pill i've been on has made my sex drive greatly diminish(my poor husband)...I've been on Demulen,Orthtricyclen,Alesse...all made me uninterested in sex..

Old 12-07-2004, 10:11 AM   #4

Blowfish HB User

Same here. I'm just excited for when I finally try to get pregnant so I can have my sex drive back after 10 years!!! It's so unfair that we have to sacrafice a normal sex drive to avoid pregnancy/ward of cramps/have a clear face, etc. Argh.

Old 12-08-2004, 07:42 PM   #5

MilkNWheat HB User

I'm right there with you ladies, my sex drive took a dive. I can't wait until the next 2 yrs fly by so I can stop taking the pill when we start our family... I'm going to switch to Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo soon (currently on Ortho Try Cyclen now) and I'm hoping that will help bring the sex drive back up to where it used to be. I want sex more then anything but I don't have the "Drive" to go for it.

Old 12-09-2004, 11:26 AM   #6

kierstyn_04 HB User

I dont know if this will help, but I had the "Dry" problem too, along with the absolutly NO sex drive what so ever. When I told my dr she put me on Yasmin. Its a combo of estrogen and something else, so the side affects are less. She also has me taking the active pills for 3 months straight then one week of the non active pills, so I only have 4 periods a year. She said it is totally safe to do this. I find that I am just plain happier and I have my sex drive back and Im still kinda dry, but nothing like before. Way less moody too. I was on Ortho cyclen, bad, bad pill (for me anyway) weight gain, moods, dry, no sex drive, it was horrible, I reccomned Yasmin.

Old 09-23-2005, 08:52 AM   #7
(female)

liljo HB User

im on yasmin and havin a bundle of trouble
no sex drive whatso ever
dryness
bouts of "C" and "D"
and tiredness as well as a raised bp

argh

Old 09-23-2005, 10:56 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

angel_light HB User

I just started on ortho-tri-cyclen yesterday. I did not know that BCP's could take away your s. drive. Maybe it is different per person. I hope, because I would hate to be distant with my sweetheart. {removed}

Sorry I could not have been more help to you.

Last edited by Modinatrix21; 09-23-2005 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Please make a new thread for your question.

Closed Thread