It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2004, 10:12 AM   #1
(female)

funnygirl28 HB User
Chocolate Brown Discharge Problem, Help!

Dear Sirs,

I am having a medical problem.

Over the past 7 days (8 Dec - 14 Dec), I am passing a semi liquid substance which is dark chocolate brown in colour through my vagina. It is also sometimes slightly clotting.

It usually happens after mensturation as a result of drinking juices and carbonated beverages.

A gynecologist's opinion was that they were cysts which are considered to be normal at my age - 19 years.

I was put on the birth control pills (Alesse) get rid of the cysts and also regularise my menstruation at the same time.

I did that for 4 months then ceased. But it occurred again after I consumed juices and carbonated beverages.

Please advise.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-14-2004, 02:53 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mecpcpj HB User
Re: Chocolate Brown Discharge Problem, Help!

I usually get a brown discharge for up to 4 days after my period. I was told by my GYN that it is just old blood that didn't come out during menstruation.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-14-2004, 08:10 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

GettingWellAgain HB User
Re: Chocolate Brown Discharge Problem, Help!

I don't think it has ANYTHING to do with drinking juice or carbonated beverages. It is blood that is coming out, and it is purely coincedental that it is occuring when you drink juice. Juice goes through your digestive tract, which has nothing to do with your reproductive system directly.
~Katalina

Closed Thread