It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2004, 02:37 PM   #1
(female)

Pesh HB User
Estrostep Experiences Please

I was just prescribed Estrostep Fe (not Estrostep 21) today, and am nervous about starting it. In the past, I was on Ortho Tri-Cyclen and gained a lot of weight from it, so I stopped taking it. I'm also nervious it will cause bad mood swings or depression. Has anyone here taken this?

Old 12-21-2004, 07:10 AM   #2
(female)

JuiciCouture HB User
Re: Estrostep Experiences Please

Hey- Im sorry I dont have any Information for you- But I was hoping to hear some estrostep fe experiences as well. I was prescribed it after taking Nordette (loved it) and Levora (didnt agree w/ me at all) and I had major reservations about taking the Estrostep due to all the negetive things I read about it. I hope some people post about their experiences for you (and me too, just to see)
Good luck with your pill.. I got my prescription changed to Nordette (I was scared to start Estrostep because the hormone levels change each week during the month, and I have never had that type of pill before.. So Im going back to Nordette to see if it helps my skin clear up from the mess that Levora made out of it... If Nordette doesnt help, Im going to switch to Estrostep Fe)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2006, 10:25 AM   #3
(female)

jessi7108 HB User

hi...i'm new to this thing and i have been reading alot of good stuff....this is my secound month on estrostep fe ...the first month (last month) was fine..i had a little spotting for a day or two which i thought was normal, and my period came on the 4th week (5 days only).....4 days into the secound month of pills i got a full blown period again!! and i have been bleeding all month long(somtimes light sometimes heavy) with cramps....my boobs hurt so much that sometimes i can't even wear a bra...and bleeding alot after sex..this feels like the longest freaking month i ever lived through..i spoke to my doctor and he is switching me to yasmin because he says that the pill is not working for me. so i am stoping estrosep because i really don't want to deal with this again but maybe it will really good for you good luck

Old 05-24-2006, 10:37 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

blue_eyed_girl HB User

My doctor prescribed it after getting off a lo-dose pill last year. I HATED it! I bled every 2 weeks for 6 weeks. I overlooked on pill and took it as soon as I noticed. I didn't have a period for almost 2 months. It didn't regulate my periods, they were still spiratic. It was aslo very expensive because there was a generic form. I switched to ortho-tri-cyclen after about 4 months.

Old 05-26-2006, 08:02 AM   #5
(female)

kady05 HB User

i took estrostep fe for about a year, and was just taken off of it and put on yaz. for the first.. maybe 5-6 months on estrostep i was great, but after that i started getting LOTS of cramping, soreness, tired, etc., etc.
i changed my diet from tons of fast food, to none at all, and that helped a bit, but i still had cramps so bad before my periods that i just didn't want to move.
my dr. said that alot of women don't do well on estrostep because it varies the hormone dosage week to week, which is why i'm now on yaz, which is the same dosage every week. i'm doing ALOT better now that i switched.

Old 05-26-2006, 08:59 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

kittywitty HB Userkittywitty HB User

I was on Estrostep FE for two years. My side effects were: MAJOR hair loss, weight gain, shorter periods, and depression. The hair loss started right away. I used to have very thick hair, so the thinning wasn't noticable for a long time. After I went off of it, the shedding slowed way down. I gained 15 lbs in five months. It doesn't seem like much, but i was overweight to begin with before taking it. I had been exercising (mostly cardio) four or five days a week. I might have ate a tiny bit more, not sure. However, all that exercise should have offset that. The weight gain was fat, not muscle. I went from a size 12 to a 16 I think this pill must have really slowed my metabolism. After the five months, the weight finally came off. As for the depression, it was every month, a week before my period, like clockwork. That didn't happen before going on this pill, so I know that's what it was from. This happened every month for just about the entire time I was on it, and ceased immediately upon stopping it. In my opinion, this is a nasty pill. I'm very sensitive to side effects, though (even the rare ones). But, I think that there are much better pills out there than this one.

Last edited by kittywitty; 05-26-2006 at 09:07 AM.

Old 06-04-2006, 07:29 PM   #7
(female)

serre727 HB User

I took it for 3 months. I didnt have issues while on it (okay, maybe some increased irritablilty) but it was when I stopped. I totally skipped a period, and then my last 2 have been SO painfuland heavy. I mean like contraction like painful. I was just prescribed Yaz and will start taking it tonight. The whole hormone stepping thing was weird

Closed Thread