It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2005, 06:52 PM   #1

LibertarianLady HB User
Question Skipping periods on trivora/trilevlen?

Is anyone else here on trivora or trilevlen? I would like to do the whole four-periods-a-year thing by skipping the sugar pills and going straight into the next pack. If you're on either, have you tried this, and if so, have you had any problems? Thank you.

Last edited by Modinatrix21; 01-30-2005 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Signature removed. Read posting rules. No websites.

Old 01-31-2005, 11:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Rms11 HB User
Re: Skipping periods on trivora/trilevlen?

Im not sure if this is a monophasic or triphasic pill. I am pretty sure it is triphasic meaning it has 3 diff levels of hormone each week. It is hard to skip periods on triphasic pills because your hormone is not the same each week. I am on a triphasic pill and tried to skip, I got my period for 10 straight days. You should also talk to your doctor before doing this. Take care!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2005, 03:42 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

GLSheridan HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertarianLady
Is anyone else here on trivora or trilevlen? I would like to do the whole four-periods-a-year thing by skipping the sugar pills and going straight into the next pack. If you're on either, have you tried this, and if so, have you had any problems? Thank you.
This is a triphasic pill, so it will be VERY difficult for you to skip periods without a lot of spotting.

Old 02-04-2005, 02:05 PM   #4

verylongday HB User

If you are interested in skipping periods you should talk to your doctor and switch to a momphasic pill.

Old 02-04-2005, 02:37 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

rayray9 HB User

Well I Am On Tricyclyn And I Believe It Is 3 Diff Doses And I Just Tried That And My Cylce Was To Start 2 Weeks Ago Never Got The Period But My Breasts Hurt Incredibaly And Im Having Thoughts Of Being Prego!! Not Sure I Know I Missed A Few Because We Travelled For Our Honeymoon. So I Would Be Careful. Hope It Helps!!

Old 02-04-2005, 09:36 PM   #6

LibertarianLady HB User

Thanks so much for all your help!

I'll definitely talk to my doctor about getting on the nonphasic pills. I haven't had a period yet, but I won't do it again on the triphasic pills because of what was mentioned and what I've read elsewhere. (And I'll use extra protection for awhile, just to make sure.)

Old 02-10-2005, 10:27 AM   #7

LibertarianLady HB User

I'm in the middle of the second week and haven't had any problems so far - no spotting/bleeding, no pains, etc. Curious - am I a freak case?

Closed Thread