It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2005, 09:40 AM   #1
(female)

MovingForward HB User
PLEASE answer: YASMIN vs. ORTHO TRI

I just decided to post another thread because I am desperate for some responses...are their any Yasmin or Otho Tri users who can share their storeis with me? I am really trying to decide between the two!!!

I went to the gyno at a clinic yesterday in hopes she would put me on Yasmin...I've had hair above my upper lip and continual breakouts on my chin and jawline for about 10 years, so I have concluded they must be hormonal (which I learned from these boards --just joined this week)...

The doctor also thought Yasmin would be best for me, however I do not have insurance yet, so she had to put me on Ortho Tri instead...

I don't know if I should even try Ortho Tri after reading these boards and am wondering if I could just order Yasmin online until insurance kicks in and she can prescribe it for me...

I guess my two major questions at this point are: Should I give Ortho Tri a chance first???? If not, what do you think about ordering Yasmin online?

I'd also like to know if you experienced the major initial breakouts on Yasmin I have heard so much about? I have never taken any type of bcp before so maybe that comes with most of them?

Thank you for reading this, and I hope some of you out there can share!!!

Old 02-26-2005, 06:26 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GLSheridan HB User
Re: PLEASE answer: YASMIN vs. ORTHO TRI

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward
I just decided to post another thread because I am desperate for some responses...are their any Yasmin or Otho Tri users who can share their storeis with me? I am really trying to decide between the two!!!

I went to the gyno at a clinic yesterday in hopes she would put me on Yasmin...I've had hair above my upper lip and continual breakouts on my chin and jawline for about 10 years, so I have concluded they must be hormonal (which I learned from these boards --just joined this week)...

The doctor also thought Yasmin would be best for me, however I do not have insurance yet, so she had to put me on Ortho Tri instead...

I don't know if I should even try Ortho Tri after reading these boards and am wondering if I could just order Yasmin online until insurance kicks in and she can prescribe it for me...

I guess my two major questions at this point are: Should I give Ortho Tri a chance first???? If not, what do you think about ordering Yasmin online?

I'd also like to know if you experienced the major initial breakouts on Yasmin I have heard so much about? I have never taken any type of bcp before so maybe that comes with most of them?

Thank you for reading this, and I hope some of you out there can share!!!

Definately give Ortho Tri-Cyclen a try. Remember, you only read the "bad" on the boards because people post their problems, not their praises. Your doctor evidently thought that OTC was a good fit for you, or she wouldn't have prescribed it.

If you order Yasmin online, you're probably going to pay MUCH more for it than you would at a pharmacy.

Any birth control pill can cause breakouts. Other common side effects are nausea, weight gain, and moodiness. Most of these side effects stop after a few months.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2005, 12:09 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

rayray9 HB User

i was on ortho trycyclin. it worked well for me for 6 years. when i turned 21 it started to bother me. i guess that your body changes every 7 years so that is probably why it started to give me headaches and i lost my sex drive. but before that it worked great. i had no more break outs and my period was on time every time with little to no PMS. try it.

Old 02-28-2005, 08:55 AM   #4
(female)

warmbreeze HB Userwarmbreeze HB User

I took Yasmin to level out my hormones because I'm at the beginning stages of menopause and it was suggested that it could help with symptoms. I lasted for about 4 days on them and I was so nauseated I couldn't continue. I felt just like I had major morning sickness.

Old 02-28-2005, 09:19 AM   #5
(female)

thelovelyamber HB User

i was allergic to ortho, but i've heard a lot of people praise it.. you know, you won't damage yourself by trying it. i am on yasmin now, just switched about 4 months ago. i've been on 4 differnt kinds because my body gets used to it every year and i start spotting, which annoys the heck out of me, so i switch brands or strenths. at any rate, i like yasmin the best. it did a really great job of controlling my very bad pms, which i'd never had before- it was scary! it took my body about a month to get used to it, i'd have random cramps or very light spotting. i never broke out, but i never had that problem anyway. can't say i've experienced any bad side effects becides that. i'm on the generic by the way, which is much cheaper. you could go to planned parenthood, where pills only cost like $10 a month. you have to have your recient doctor's visit and notes faxed to their office, then you don't have to have a visit through them. you can do that until you get insurence if you like.

Old 02-28-2005, 10:18 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Piranna65 HB User

Moving Forward--did you ask if your doctor had any at her office? I know when I first started b/c my doctor gave me 3 free months of regular estrostep and when i came back and told her i didnt really like it she gave me 3 free months worth estrostep FE.

I too am thinking about switching to yasmine I dont have insureance right now either, but Im willing to pay the price i guess.

Closed Thread