It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2005, 12:46 AM   #1
(female)

blue_eyed_angel HB User
Question How long before period comes back after Depo?

I have been off of the depo shot for about 4 1/2 months now, and still no periods. I had one that was more like brown spotting which lasted like two days about 2 months ago. I was wondering if any of you could tell me about how long it took you to get back to having periods again after the shot. I am 22. I was on the shot for about nine months and then I stopped getting it because I was experiencing about every bad side effect you can get from it......but anyway, could someone please tell me about how long it took you to get your periods back?
Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2005, 05:58 AM   #2
(female)

jenn1v HB User
Re: How long before period comes back after Depo?

Hi,

Unforuntely there's really no time table on when it will come back. I read on Upjohn's website it could take up to a year for the depo to leave your system. I have been on since Nov. of 2003 and had my last shot on Dec. 15th of 2004. About to two weeks ago I spotted very little for a couple of days. I was suppose to have a shot on March 4th but decide not to cause of the side effects I was having,and had the Paragard IUD put in on this past Tues. I started spotting on Thursday and it been heavy bleeding since than. I suggest maybe seeing your doctor to make sure that your hormones are in balance and maybe go on the pill to kick start your period again. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread