It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2005, 08:29 AM   #1

kristina4752 HB User
Late period after stopping Birth Control

I stopped taking my birth control this past month, Yasmin for a few reasons. The last time I took it was the pills right before the sugar pills before last months period. Now its a month later, 3 days past when I usually get my period and it's not here. Is this normal after stopping birth control?

Last edited by kristina4752; 05-21-2005 at 08:29 AM.

Old 05-21-2005, 08:48 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kittywitty HB Userkittywitty HB User
Re: Late period after stopping Birth Control

Yeah, it's normal. I was on Ovcon-35 before for 4 months (first time on it), I had to stop it due to depression. Anyway, the month that I stopped I didn't have a period at all, but the next month everything resumed as normal. Try not to worry about it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2005, 09:49 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

rush_rulz HB User

Me too, me too! Just stopped yasmin last month came time for period and so far nothing! Kitty and others are you having cramps but no bleeding? That is what was going on w/ me! That sucks, but I still won't mind if I get to skip just one month lol!!

Old 05-21-2005, 09:53 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rush_rulz HB User

Will the return of the period take longer, depending on how long she was on the pills? I had been on bcp's total of three years prior to stopping. If my body hasn't ovulated in that long on it's own, I am assuming it may take me longer to get back on track than someone who was only on it a few months is that correct?

Old 05-21-2005, 10:12 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

bordrgrl HB User

I wouldn't say that is a hard and fast rule. One time I took the pill for just 1 month and my doctor took me off it. I did get a period the next month, but I didn't ovulate. That said, it is probably more common to be irregular if you have taken it for a long time.

Old 05-21-2005, 10:16 AM   #6

kristina4752 HB User

I had one day of cramping a few days ago but no bleeding.
I started the pills last July. I wouldn't mind skipping a months period either, but it sure is nerve-racking. My sister and my coworker both had babies this week so "baby is in the air" lol.

Old 05-21-2005, 12:51 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

kittywitty HB Userkittywitty HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush_rulz
Me too, me too! Just stopped yasmin last month came time for period and so far nothing! Kitty and others are you having cramps but no bleeding? That is what was going on w/ me! That sucks, but I still won't mind if I get to skip just one month lol!!
That was actually a couple years ago when that happened, when I was on Ovcon for the first time. I had to go off of it after only four months because it made me depressed practically the whole time I was on it. Anyway, as I recall, I don't think I even had any cramping that last month just no period either. It freaked me out at the time, though, as I thought I was pregnant. I took a test and I wasn't. This is my second time on this pill. I've been on it for about six months now. No period problems or depression this time around, just weight gain

Last edited by kittywitty; 05-21-2005 at 12:55 PM.

Old 05-21-2005, 03:49 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

rush_rulz HB User

kristina: I hear you about the baby in the air thing, I am kinda worried too but not too much...

kittywitty: Yes, the weight gain totally sucks, that was part of my probs too...if I don't start by next month I will take a preg test, but I'm pretty sure i'm not pregnant.

Closed Thread