It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2005, 09:58 PM   #1
(female)

MsBecca HB User
Red face Changing Starting day/Moving period date.. Help!!

My period is supposed to fall on my college orientation date!! I dont want this at all! Can I just start a new pack before the inert pills, and just skip my period this month or is this concidered unhealthy?

I start on a Wednesday... is there anyways where I can switch to Sunday? Somehow starting each new row on a Sunday is so much less confusing..

Thanks ahead of time,
Becca

Old 05-24-2005, 08:43 AM   #2
(female)

thought HB User
Re: Changing Starting day/Moving period date.. Help!!

From what I've heard, you should be able to skip on the inactive pills, and start your new pack right away. That's how my doctor told me I should do it, in order to get 4 periods/year. However, I haven't heard from anyone else about how well that works/how safe it is in the longrun. About changing from Wednesday start day to Sunday start day, I dunno about that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2005, 09:36 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Daisies4monkeys HB User

You should be fine skipping, so long as you're on a monophasic pill (ie all the 21 active pills are exactly the same). What pill are you on?

As for changing: You don't have to take all 21 pills in the SECOND pack when skipping a period. So long as you took all the first pack you can take as many or as few of the second pack as you want. Most women take the entire second pack so they don't "waste" pills, but you can always hang on the the leftover pills and have them on hand as "extras" in case you ever loose a pill or anything like that. So, what you can do is take the entire first pack of pills, except the placebos. On the day you should start the placebo pills, take an active pill from the new pack instead. Take an active pill every day until Saturday, then stop. After seven days of taking no pills, start taking them again. This will be a Sunday. Your other option is that next time you have your break, instead of waiting seven days and starting your pills on Sunday, only wait five days, and start your pills again on Sunday. It's always okay to shorten your PERIOD week, but never lengthen it.

Old 05-24-2005, 10:18 PM   #4
(female)

MsBecca HB User

I'm on Yasmin, so yes I believe its monophasic....

Thanks for all the input, I am going to go ahead and skip this period, and have a nice vacation

Last edited by MsBecca; 05-24-2005 at 10:19 PM.

Old 05-25-2005, 05:05 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

kirafaye HB User

Go ahead and skip it totall and move staright ointo your next pack, its nice to not have a period once in awhile.

Closed Thread