It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2005, 01:31 AM   #1
(female)

jaimeealexis HB User
YASMiN USERS/ EX-USERS ! i NEED ADViCE

hi everybody =)

i was precribed levlen 2 1/2 years ago because i was continually bleeding and just recently stopped april 2004 which was about a year ago

today is my first day on the new pill "YASMiN" and i was just wondering how all of you other yasmin users are doing. i've been researching like crazy and i've read some nasty and some good reviews on the pill.

if you guys can just reply to this and tell me your experiences & everything that would be awesome ;D

thankyou and have a wonderful day

Old 05-30-2005, 12:00 PM   #2
(female)

d38 HB User
Re: YASMiN USERS/ EX-USERS ! i NEED ADViCE

I would not recommend this pill! I have been on it for 5 months and it was fine about the first 3 and the last 2 have been a nightmare! I am suppose to start my 6 month pack tomorrow and I have decided to not get back on it! I have had every symptom there is bad on this stuff! It ruined my vacation and I was sick and nauseated the entire time. It may be ok for you but the only good thing I can say is I lost 10lbs on it at first.
I would try another pill if I were you , I dont know why Dr's push this pill, it is NOT GOOD!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2005, 12:50 PM   #3
(female)

alllisonb4224 HB User

i do not know much about YASMIN, however if you want a strong birth control pill with mild side effects i strongly reccommend Estrostep FE - i've been on it for a while and i have always loved it, just remember to take it everyday.

Old 05-30-2005, 12:54 PM   #4
(female)

calgarygirl HB User

I am on Yasmin too, I've been on it for only 2 months now. Starting my 3rd month today. I also have lost weight on this pill, 5 lbs so far. I suffer from bad migraines w/o headache and also migraines w/aura and headache. These pills have worked really well with lessening the amount and severity of my migraines BUT I have also noticed depression. I am 38 so I am not sure if it is the BC pill causing this depression or if it's perimenopause as I have a few other symptoms relating to perimenopause. That is the only negative side effect that I have had from the use of this pill and as I said I'm not convinced that it's the pill that is responsible for this.

Old 05-30-2005, 03:46 PM   #5
(female)

d38 HB User

I definintaly think the depression and the Yasmin is linked! I have had bad depression on it also , that was one of my bad side effects and would cry all the time. I am also 38 and peri and that is the reason the Dr. put me on it for some of my peri symptoms. All I can say is I am glad I decided to go off it and hope I feel better soon!

Old 05-30-2005, 04:11 PM   #6
(female)

calgarygirl HB User

{removed} The only reason I haven't wanted to go off this pill is because of my migraines-they are so much better now and I have suffered from them for at least 15 yrs. The last 4 have been mainly just the eye migraines, but sometimes I feel those are just as bad as there are no warnings. I have never delt w/depression to this extent. I just assumed part of it was peri and part of it was Yasmin. I wanted to wait 3 mths to see if the sadnesss would go away. I've never had a bc pill that has been able to help w/my migraines so it's scary to think about getting off Yasmin to ease the depression yet get the migraines back. I guess either way, I will probably have to get either a depression medication, if it continues or change my bc pill and get a migraine preventative. I use to be on Alesse w/no problems but it did not help my migraines.
{removed} Thanks, Chris

Last edited by Modinatrix21; 05-30-2005 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Please make a seperate post for your questions so the original poster can get their questions answered.

Old 05-30-2005, 08:12 PM   #7
(female)

Sun_Goddess HB User

I was on Yasmin and that's the only bc pill I've ever been on or would probably ever be on. I actually have a supply of it right now (because I stopped taking it for now).

I loved it. It kept my weight down and helped my skin, as well.

It works differently for different people. I love it; others who've posted hate it.....my only advice to you is to ask your doctor how he thinks it will affect your body b/c he should know the pill and he knows your body, so he should be able to help.

Good luck!

Closed Thread