It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2005, 04:32 PM   #1
(female)

wtg4grl HB User
Angry Mirena and scar tissue with cervix

I am totally devasted after my ob/gyn tried to insert Mirena today. It failed. I never thought it could happen. I had a cold knife cone biopsy done last year where they take a chunk of cervix out. This was done cause I had dysplasia that was almost cancerous. Well back to the Mirena. Doctor tried and tried to find the opening of the cervix. It HURT awful. The procedure took a while with no insertion. (never mind the price I paid for the drug)

The md told me I had alot of scar tissue after the cone biopsy. Gee, should have known about this or somehow he should have prevented it. Now, I am kind of upset that if I want to become pregnant in the future it will be hard if not next to impossible to be preggo.

Has this happened to anyone before? Go in for mirena insertion and was not done cause of severe scarring of the cervix.

This is a total bummer for me. I don't have many options for birth control now.

Old 06-03-2005, 03:35 PM   #2

christianw27 HB User
Re: Mirena and scar tissue with cervix

HI, Although I have not had this happen to me I will tell you that whoever did your surgery should have explained to you the risks involved with scar tissue and the problems that it can cause with pregnancy or carrying pregnancy to term. There is really no way to prevent the scarring. I would be upset with the person that did the surgery if they did not explain this to me fully.

You can still become pregnant and carry a pregnancy to term though. A lot of women who have this procedure then have a pregnancy have an issue with shortened cervical length or cervical incompetency, in which case many things can be done or tried. I wish you luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread