It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2005, 08:08 PM   #1

chloeGirl33 HB User
Seasonale and Acne

I had a little acne on my forehead before I started Orthotricycen(sp??) but then while I was taking that it cleared right up. I switched to seasonale last year and I love it because even on ortho I had heavy-long (usually 7 days) periods and know they are short and light. But my acne came back and now it is on my back to. I have tried perscription wipes and they help but it doesn't completely go away. My doctor says that the BC may be causing it and they only way to make it go away would be to switch. But I need something that will still help my periods because I can have very pain very heavy ones. Any ideas would really be helpful thanks!!!

Old 06-13-2005, 11:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Piranna65 HB User
Re: Seasonale and Acne

chances are it is seasonale. I am on it too but havent really had many side effects. I havent had any weight gain on it. And it has made my periods shorter/lighter and i have like no cramps.

I have had acne on my back since I started taking b/c and I have been on 3 kinds. I havent had anything really help clear it up other then washing my back after washing my hair since conditioner can clog pores on your back. And also I have been tanning in a tanning bed and that has been clearing it up like crazy on my face and back. I am also using Klaron on my face and that has helped TONS.

If you cant get the back acne to go away I'd suggest changing. There are plenty of pills out there Im sure there is one similar to seasonale that will elminate the cramps ect... goodluck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread