It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2005, 09:45 PM   #1
(female)

Ga Lady HB User
Side effects of POP pills.....

I am 36 years old and a smoker. My GYN put me on these progesterone only pills due to me being a smoker and having varicose veins AND migraine headaches. I am NOT taking them for birth control. But for ovarian cysts and mood swings. Well to be honest I haven't taken them YET. Have any of you taken these 'mini' pills as their called? If so what were your side effects. I am a tad bit leary of taken something that could cause me to form a clot and the GYN told me that estrogen bcp caused that. But reading these little pamplets makes me wonder...Any info you have would be appreciated.

The name of the pill is Camila .35mg substituted for Ortho Micronor

Old 07-03-2005, 09:51 PM   #2
(female)

chickabom HB User
Re: Side effects of POP pills.....

I can understand your paranoia in taking them...im 20, and have none of those and im STILL paranoid about taking bc pills.

However, ive read many times that the MINI pill does not have side effects of blood clots and strokes because it doesnt have any estrogen in it..and estro is what causes all those "serious side effects"
(which is why if i ever get on the pill it'll be the lowest dose of estrogen)

The reason why someone my age wouldnt take the mini pill is because your periods become extremely irregular, even after you stop taking the pill. I would use it for BC only so it would freak me out every month when i didnt get a period...however, as you said you're not using them for BC, so this may not be a problem for you.

I found this and i thought it might help you, also google "the mini pill" you should get a lot of info about it.

{removed}

Last edited by Modinatrix21; 07-04-2005 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Read posting rules. Do not post copyrighted material.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread