It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2005, 08:15 AM   #1
(female)

chickabom HB User
Talking LOOK here: monophasic and triphasic pills

Whats the difference between monophasic and triphasic pills??
Is alesse a triphasic or monophasic?
{removed}

Thanks

Last edited by Modinatrix21; 07-04-2005 at 08:27 AM. Reason: You already have a post about that question.

Old 07-04-2005, 08:54 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

babygirl2005_21 HB User
Re: LOOK here: monophasic and triphasic pills

Alesse is a monophasic pill I used to take it but now I take Yasmin which is also a monophasic pill. I tried OTC lo which is a triphasic and it was terrible. My body just likes the same hormone all through the month which is what monophasic means. Triphasic pills have different levels of hormone every week.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-04-2005, 08:25 PM   #3
(female)

chickabom HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygirl2005_21
Alesse is a monophasic pill I used to take it but now I take Yasmin which is also a monophasic pill. I tried OTC lo which is a triphasic and it was terrible. My body just likes the same hormone all through the month which is what monophasic means. Triphasic pills have different levels of hormone every week.

How did you like Alesse? did it give you a lot of side effects? what about yasmin?

Old 07-05-2005, 08:42 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

babygirl2005_21 HB User

Well I'll tell you about all the Birth control pills I have taken because that isn't the only two. haha.
Ortho Tri Cyclen- gave me terrible headaches and made me dizzy all the time, didn't help my skin it made me break out
Alesse- It was great for 2-3 yrs. and then I gained about 25lbs. on it (I was working out and eating right too) The weight was like cement so I got off of it for 3 months and lost all my weight and then some! Other than the weight gain I did notice major food cravings.
Ortho Tri Cyclen lo- made me feel tired and moody all the time, made my skin break out all over the place (I never had acne before in my whole life and I am 21) I cried alot too. Didn't notice any weight gain though.
Yasmin- my gyno. recommended this to help my skin clear up from the previous pill and it has a mild diuretic to keep the water weight off. I haven't had any side effects on this pill it is wonderful. I do have to pee alot because of the diuretic but it's worth it to not look like a blimp! It is also clearing my skin up really well! It just takes some experimenting before you find the right pill but when you do it's worth it.

Old 07-05-2005, 08:51 AM   #5
(female)

chickabom HB User

oh thats just great lol.

My doc recommended yasmin but ive heard such bad things about it..
So i really wanna start of with a low dose..Im very scared of the weight gain tho...
But i'll weigh myself 2 times a week to make sure i dont put on a lot..if i notice more then 3lbs, im going off it.
lol
Ive thought about the patch......but im not sure..i dunno to be honest..

With alesse did you have any other side effects apart from weight gain?
Did the weight come on gradually? You couldnt have woken up 1 morning 25 pounds heavier?

Old 07-05-2005, 08:53 AM   #6
(female)

chickabom HB User

i have just heard terrible things about this yasmin especially on this board lol

Old 07-05-2005, 01:02 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

babygirl2005_21 HB User

Well of course the people on this board are saying terrible things about Yasmin. All the people that are not having any trouble on it don't have a reason to be on here. Trust me alot of my friends take Yasmin too and the like it alot. The Alesse weight gain was gradual, over the 2 yrs. I gained that, but there was no amount of exercise and dieting that would keep it from coming! Any birth control will probably make you gain 5 lbs. but hey that's better than getting pregnant and gaining a ton of weight.

Old 07-05-2005, 02:05 PM   #8
(female)

Blue_Flamingo HB User

I was on Alesse and had breakthrough bleeding that lasted 3 weeks (which is when I said the heck with it, and took a break from them. Afterwards I switched to a different pill). I think Alesse was just too low dosage for me.

Old 07-05-2005, 09:20 PM   #9
(female)

chickabom HB User

ok well i wanna try either alesse or the patch. I hope its ok for me
I dont want to gain weight because right now im ok with my weight lol..so yeah i'll weigh myself every few days and anything more then 3 -4 pounds and im off !
Thank you sooooooo much for your input lol

Closed Thread