It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2005, 01:59 PM   #1
(female)

abercrombieleah HB User
Exclamation had my period for almost 2 weeks straight!???

so i got my period during the second week of my birth control pack, which is obviously not quite right. it was not breakthrough, it was almost like a normal period. it lasted through the 3rd week and into the green pills, ended the day before i was to start a new pack. whats the deal? someone said i had a miscarriage, but i was not in pain, there was no clotting, etc; it was just a typical period, although the blood was more bright red than dark which isnt normal of my periods. ive NEVER had this problem before and ive been on BC for a year now. never switched pills or missed any either.

The Following User Says Thank You to abercrombieleah For This Useful Post:
Sha865 (05-04-2012)
Old 07-13-2005, 02:43 PM   #2
(female)

Confused5 HB User
Re: had my period for almost 2 weeks straight!???

When i first started birth control i wasn't on a strong enough kind and i would bleed starting the 3rd week straight through the reminder pills. I was on Ortho Tri-cyclen and had to be changed to Levlen 28. It's common if your period was irregular or didn't match up when the birth control pills have you on your period. I would recomend calling your doctor and setting up an appointment to try a stronger/different type of Birth control.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2005, 04:09 PM   #3
(female)

abercrombieleah HB User

thats the weird thing though, my period was always normal, even the first month of taking the pills i got it right on time the last week, and everything has been totally normal since then, its been a year, ive never even missed one pill ever....so im just curious why all of a sudden i had my period for almost 2 weeks straight when usually its only 3 or 4 days long.

Old 07-13-2005, 04:21 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

GLSheridan HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by abercrombieleah
thats the weird thing though, my period was always normal, even the first month of taking the pills i got it right on time the last week, and everything has been totally normal since then, its been a year, ive never even missed one pill ever....so im just curious why all of a sudden i had my period for almost 2 weeks straight when usually its only 3 or 4 days long.

It's probably just a fluke. Sometimes these things happen.

However, if this continues, you may need to consider switching to another brand of pills.

Old 07-13-2005, 09:51 PM   #5
(female)

abercrombieleah HB User

VERY random fluke though huh! Since ive never had the problem really ill just ignore it and unless it happens again no need to worry, etc. thanks for all the advice!

Closed Thread