It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2005, 09:28 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

redsoxgirl2418 HB Userredsoxgirl2418 HB User
early period on otc?

I just finished the active pills in my 3rd month of ortho-try cyclen. Now, the first 2 months I've been on it, I've had some very light brown spotting during the 3rd week, it was never a lot and was even less the 2nd month, and until about thursday (sunday starter) I hadn't had any at all this month. So then I had a little over the past few days, didn;t think it was a big deal. But now today, I took my last active pill last night, and this morning am having what is like the start of my actual period. Seems odd to me since I'm sure that the pill isn't even out of my system in less than 12 hours...I'm a little nervous, what would cause it to be early? After 3 months I would think I'm pretty well adjusted, not that I had much trouble at all since I started.

I did begin a diet this month and have lost about 12 pounds, I know not being on the pill, that this could affect it, but I would think the pill would regulate it more.

If I were pregnant, would I maybe have a little bleeding at around this point? I was away with my bf for a week from the 10-15th, and we did have a lot of sex, and haven't since then...but we use condoms on top of the pill. But I've heard that the pill is less effective for fat girls like me, which is kind of unnerving to me.

Should I worry or am I being paranoid?

Old 07-31-2005, 09:49 AM   #2
(female)

cremebrulee HB User
Re: early period on otc?

i had the same problem when i was on ortho tricyclen. my period was not predictable during the first couple months on it. i had strange spotting. it was very viscous (i won't describe it). i called me doctor and she had me come in for a pregnancy test. she said that i might have had a miscarriage.

i think the problem is that i did not take my pills at the same time everyday. my little sister is now on ortho lo and she says that she has the same problem. she will start what looks like a very light period during the third week of pills and have spotting for two weeks.

i did not like ortho so i stopped taking it. when i decided to start taking bc again, my dermatologist recommended yasmin. i am a thursday starter and i get my period on the sunday following my last active pill. it has been very predictable ever since i started taking yasmin.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2005, 10:14 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

GLSheridan HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxgirl2418
I just finished the active pills in my 3rd month of ortho-try cyclen. Now, the first 2 months I've been on it, I've had some very light brown spotting during the 3rd week, it was never a lot and was even less the 2nd month, and until about thursday (sunday starter) I hadn't had any at all this month. So then I had a little over the past few days, didn;t think it was a big deal. But now today, I took my last active pill last night, and this morning am having what is like the start of my actual period. Seems odd to me since I'm sure that the pill isn't even out of my system in less than 12 hours...I'm a little nervous, what would cause it to be early? After 3 months I would think I'm pretty well adjusted, not that I had much trouble at all since I started.

I did begin a diet this month and have lost about 12 pounds, I know not being on the pill, that this could affect it, but I would think the pill would regulate it more.

If I were pregnant, would I maybe have a little bleeding at around this point? I was away with my bf for a week from the 10-15th, and we did have a lot of sex, and haven't since then...but we use condoms on top of the pill. But I've heard that the pill is less effective for fat girls like me, which is kind of unnerving to me.

Should I worry or am I being paranoid?

This all sounds normal, and you shouldn't be worrying. Spotting, while bothersome, is normal.

Old 07-31-2005, 11:58 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

star_shine_2010 HB User

Spotting is normal. However, as i stated in an earlier thread, I was on this pill for 7 months and had to change to higher dosage b/c my dr. thought this pill wasn't strong enough. I had spotting, weird unpredictable periods, and the worst thing...cramping throughout my placebo pills and the whole first week of active pills. I am on ovcon-35 now, which has the same amount of estrogen but stronger progestin. I haven't had any problems yet

Old 08-01-2005, 10:33 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

redsoxgirl2418 HB Userredsoxgirl2418 HB User

is ortho-tricyclen really such a low dosage? I mean, if there's even an orthotricyclen lo, it can't be super low, can it?

i really like this pill, i have no problems with it, when I say "spotting" I mean a very light discoloration only when I use the bathroom. I do have sore breasts at certain times throughout, but I'm happy that I have no other side effects. And considering the family history of breast cancer, I don't really think I should be on a high dose anyway.

Old 08-01-2005, 10:43 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

star_shine_2010 HB User

I changed to a higher dosage of progesterone. My new pill is the same amount of estrogen,but higher progesterone, which my dr. told me is key in preventing ovulation. She thought the progesterone may not have been strong enough in preventing ovulation for me b/c of my spotting and cramping.

Closed Thread