It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2005, 12:02 PM   #1
(female)

RiotGirl00 HB User
Question Placebos and Irregularity?

I've been on Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo for about 5½ months.
My first period after I started the pill was really long..I don't remember exactly what day it started on.
Then every other period after that was 100% predictable and normal... They start on a Tuesday at the end of every month, and stop around Friday.
I even knew around the exact hour it would start (weird.)
I also always took the entire pack of pills, including the placebos (green pills).

However, this month I got lazy about it and decided to throw out the placebos because I figured it didn't matter whether I took them or not.
But this month instead of starting my period on a Tuesday, it started Wedensday..and of course it ended on Saturday night rather than Friday.

Does anyone know why it suddenly changed to the following day?
Could it be because I didn't take the placebos?
I don't get why that would be the cause though since they don't have any hormones in them.
I don't think this is a huge issue, it's just strange that it switched days. I'm used to knowing exactly when it's supposed to start; and liked not having it on the weekends. Hopefully it won't get totally screwed up more.

Last edited by RiotGirl00; 07-31-2005 at 12:04 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2005, 12:53 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

star_shine_2010 HB User
Re: Placebos and Irregularity?

my period started doing weird things like that around the 4th month i was on it and kept getting worse and worse until i finally switched pills. My doctor told me that OTC might not have been strong enough for me b/c it was all fine and dandy the first couple months, then my periods got a little out of wack, then i would cramp all through the placebo pills AND the first week of pills. She told me that triphasic pills just weren't for me and so now i'm on Ovcon-35.
It doesn't matter if you take the placebo pills. They're simply placebos and just that. I never take mine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2005, 03:01 PM   #3
(female)

RiotGirl00 HB User
Re: Placebos and Irregularity?

Alright thanks.
I've been on it for almost 6 months and everything's been fine. Hopefully it won't start getting totally screwed up. I don't wanna have to switch pills because these have been working really well for me.
Lets hope my next period isn't even more messed up.

Closed Thread