It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2005, 04:27 AM   #1
(female)

Tamia008 HB User
Reoccurring spotting

Hi everyone, I have a question and I hope you guys can help me. I was on the pill for 2 years then off for a few months, then on again, then off for a few months because I had a yeast infection for the first time. Now I'm on it again and I've been on it for about 4 months now. I started spotting and I've never spotted before in my life. Since the yeast infection, my stuff has been an odd color. I've gotten tests for stds and my doctor said i was fine but now I have the spotting in a pattern. For the past 2 months, I've been having spotting one week before/until my period. I haven't had any symptoms of pregnancy. Though I must admit I've gained a few pounds. But no throwing up, nausia, etc etc. Also, I DO get my period on the right day and all. Do I have anything to be alarmed about?

I keep reading boards and FAQs and they're always talking about the possibility of being pregnant or this kind of thing and that and it's scary!

I also heard it might be a hormonal balance and is supposed to go away. But I've still been getting spotting before my period. (i just started spotting last week, expecting my period this week)

Is this a hormonal balance or am I pregnant or something? Thanks for all your help.

Last edited by Tamia008; 08-01-2005 at 01:59 PM.

Old 08-01-2005, 01:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Tesss HB User
Re: Reoccurring spotting

Hi Tamia
Welcome to the boards!
Your spotting is very probably caused by the pill and your hormones being mucked up by it. If you were pregnant you would not have periods - it is actually very rare to have periods while pregnant. Spotting on the pill is extremely common. If it was me I would go back to my dr and try a different pill, it sounds like this one doesn't suit you entirely.
Best wishes
Tesss

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2005, 02:17 PM   #3
(female)

neats20 HB User

Hey! I'm new too- welcome. To calm your fears, go ahead and get an over-the-counter pregnancy test to make sure you're not pregnant. Honestly, though, every time I've gotten on the pill after being off for a little while (at least 4-5 times), my body has reacted differently. I really wouldn't worry about it. As long as it's just spotting and you're not spotting every day for months on end (which you're not)... it's just the hormones. I'd give it another month or two if I were you, but like Tess said, if it bothers you, you can try a different pill.

Old 08-01-2005, 05:37 PM   #4
(female)

Tamia008 HB User

Thanks a lot! Well just by your replies, it calms me down a bit. I guess some of the stuff I read on the net just scares me and doesn't apply to me, maybe. I'm on triqular, which my doctor said was the lightest. But a few of my friends are on alesse, which they say that their doctor said is the lightest. Maybe my body will react differently to alesse instead? I'll go see my doctor for sure. But is that one really a lighter dose with the same efficiency?

Old 08-02-2005, 07:31 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

GLSheridan HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamia008
Hi everyone, I have a question and I hope you guys can help me. I was on the pill for 2 years then off for a few months, then on again, then off for a few months because I had a yeast infection for the first time. Now I'm on it again and I've been on it for about 4 months now. I started spotting and I've never spotted before in my life. Since the yeast infection, my stuff has been an odd color. I've gotten tests for stds and my doctor said i was fine but now I have the spotting in a pattern. For the past 2 months, I've been having spotting one week before/until my period. I haven't had any symptoms of pregnancy. Though I must admit I've gained a few pounds. But no throwing up, nausia, etc etc. Also, I DO get my period on the right day and all. Do I have anything to be alarmed about?

I keep reading boards and FAQs and they're always talking about the possibility of being pregnant or this kind of thing and that and it's scary!

I also heard it might be a hormonal balance and is supposed to go away. But I've still been getting spotting before my period. (i just started spotting last week, expecting my period this week)

Is this a hormonal balance or am I pregnant or something? Thanks for all your help.

You're on a triphasic pill, I'm assuming, which is why you have spotting during the same week every cycle. You might want to consider a monophasic pill, like Alesse, where the hormones don't vary from week to week.

Closed Thread