It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2005, 07:05 AM   #1
(female)

sbabayan HB User
long lasting first period on Yasmin

Hi

I started Yasmin birth control pills last Sunday. I was advised to do a Sunday start, but I got my period ON sunday, so I guess that would be a Day 1 start. I am still bleeding and it is Monday!! my regular periods only last 5 or 6 days. I thought periodso n birth control were supposed to be shorter, or is it only going to be liek this for the first one? it's not heavy bleeding or anything, but it's still blood, and it's red, not the usual brown spotting. I'm tryign to think of something I did wrong, and the only thing I can think of is that on Sunday, I took the pill after I spotted a little (the package of instructions said start it after the first sign of bleeding OR spotting), and then I was worried that I should've started it the next day, but then an hour later I got a heavy flow, so I calmed down, but maybe this was still incorrect? im confused I just want to stop bleeding!

Old 08-01-2005, 10:39 AM   #2
(female)

katkat2029 HB User
Re: long lasting first period on Yasmin

oh the same thing happened to me and i was on the pill and had my period for two weeks and then i stopped taking them and my period stopped as well. the doctor said the dosage must have been to high for me

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2005, 07:37 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

GLSheridan HB User
Re: long lasting first period on Yasmin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbabayan
Hi

I started Yasmin birth control pills last Sunday. I was advised to do a Sunday start, but I got my period ON sunday, so I guess that would be a Day 1 start. I am still bleeding and it is Monday!! my regular periods only last 5 or 6 days. I thought periodso n birth control were supposed to be shorter, or is it only going to be liek this for the first one? it's not heavy bleeding or anything, but it's still blood, and it's red, not the usual brown spotting. I'm tryign to think of something I did wrong, and the only thing I can think of is that on Sunday, I took the pill after I spotted a little (the package of instructions said start it after the first sign of bleeding OR spotting), and then I was worried that I should've started it the next day, but then an hour later I got a heavy flow, so I calmed down, but maybe this was still incorrect? im confused I just want to stop bleeding!

This is normal. The pill isn't going to stop your period the day that you take it, especially since this is your first month.

Closed Thread