It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2005, 03:51 PM   #1
(female)

Blue_Flamingo HB User
Question Getting rid of acne with Diane-35....

I'm on Diane 35...first pack (6 pills left), and my skin hasn't improved at all. I know it says that it takes like 3 months at least, but when I was on Ortho Tri I noticed an improvement in my skin almost right away! As in, a few weeks after taking it.

For those on Diane, how long did it take to get rid of your acne? I'm going to university in less than a month and I want it to be gone! Or at least improved...

Old 08-01-2005, 06:12 PM   #2
(female)

mousey HB User
Re: Getting rid of acne with Diane-35....

My friend is on it and hers cleared up right away..however, when shes on her 7 day break, she gets pimples.
Diane 35 only gives you clear skin while you're on it...i dont see the point of going on something thats only gonna cure you temporarely.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2005, 07:46 PM   #3
(female)

cremebrulee HB User

Aftet seeing my dermatologist, I was prescribed minocycline and Yasmin birth control. The minocycline was what cleared up my acne. The Yasmin helped to control it. I then read about diane-35 as an acne medication. I don't have terrible acne. Just a few pimples every once in a while. I also read about the other benefits of diane-35 such as a decrease in body hair.

i think diane-35 only works on acne if your acne is caused by the male hormones called androgens. it works by blocking them. i wanted to give this a try. i am in the US and diane-35 is not available here. I ordered a six-month supply online. i have two pills left in my first pack. so far it hasn't done anything for my face. if anything i have more pimples than before i started diane-35. maybe it will improve over the months but at this point i am not willing to wait that long. i have no serious side effects. the only thing i notice is that i feel bloated all the time. i feel like i've gained weight. with yasmin i feel 100% normal. yasmin acts as a diuretic so i never feel bloated or fat. i just had my pharmacy send me my supply of yasmin. i will be go back to taking yasmin for my next cycle.

Old 08-01-2005, 10:35 PM   #4
(female)

Has Questions HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee
Aftet seeing my dermatologist, I was prescribed minocycline and Yasmin birth control. The minocycline was what cleared up my acne. The Yasmin helped to control it. I then read about diane-35 as an acne medication. I don't have terrible acne. Just a few pimples every once in a while. I also read about the other benefits of diane-35 such as a decrease in body hair.

i think diane-35 only works on acne if your acne is caused by the male hormones called androgens. it works by blocking them. i wanted to give this a try. i am in the US and diane-35 is not available here. I ordered a six-month supply online. i have two pills left in my first pack. so far it hasn't done anything for my face. if anything i have more pimples than before i started diane-35. maybe it will improve over the months but at this point i am not willing to wait that long. i have no serious side effects. the only thing i notice is that i feel bloated all the time. i feel like i've gained weight. with yasmin i feel 100% normal. yasmin acts as a diuretic so i never feel bloated or fat. i just had my pharmacy send me my supply of yasmin. i will be go back to taking yasmin for my next cycle.
My doctor also prescribed me Minocycline and Yasmin-28. The Minocyline cleared up my skin, like you said, and the Yasmin has kept it clear since I've been off Minocyline.

My doc. also prescribed me differin and duac gel to use on my skin, but they made my skin oily. The doc. couldn't believe it when I told her that because these medications are supposed to dry out your skin. Since that, I have been prescribed Finecea. It's like a heavy-duty dry-you-skin-out medication. It doesn't dry out my skin like it's supposed to, but my acne is COMPLETELY 100% gone. I love it.

So it's Yasmin-28 BC and Finecea topical for me.

I have never heard anything about Diane, though, sorry.

Old 08-03-2005, 10:02 AM   #5
(female)

Blue_Flamingo HB User

Thanks for the replies! I might talk to my dr. about getting some kind of topical treatment to help while I wait for the Diane-35 to kick in

Closed Thread