It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2005, 04:23 PM   #1
(female)

kutie5 HB User
The Pill and Cervical Fluid

Okay here's the deal...

I promised myself i would never have sex on a whim.. no drunk sex, no one time sex, no "this guy is really hot im gonna do him even tho i might never see him again" sex...

I've been dateing my boyfriend for two months. I care about him more than anything and he is the best boyfriend i've ever had. I really would love to share this with him... However I want to be as safe as possible. Im leaving for college in 2 weeks and the last thought i want to do is jepordize my future or his

Im on the pill, ortho tri-cyclen, and we are going to use a condom (trojan.. ive been doing some research on the best condoms on the market and have gotton supposedly one of the best ones).. and i also start my period in 6 days. I plan on having sex tomorrow...

OKAY TIME FOR THE QUESTION hahah:-p
-Ive been checking my cervical fluid... but since I'm on the pill im not really sure if it will change. It has been cloudy for the entire month.. kinda sticky and kinda stretchy for about2weeks....but REALLY REALLY thick and cloudy.

I just basically want to know if your cervical mucas will change like it would when you are off the pill and ovulateing (i am aware that there is such thing as break through ovulateing on the pill which is why i am taking the precaution).... if anyone has any information that would be VERY HELPFUL!:-D

0thannks so much and sorry abotu the long post!!!!:-D

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2005, 05:07 PM   #2
(female)

Ankyra80 HB User
Re: The Pill and Cervical Fluid

hm....
......good question...

Last edited by Ankyra80; 08-02-2005 at 09:57 AM.

Old 08-01-2005, 05:54 PM   #3
(female)

mousey HB User

Oh dear me..
Ok Your cervical fluid changes when you're on the pill.. when you're on the pill your cirvical fluid is the same as of a woman who is NOT ovulating. Its USELESS checking the fluid when you're on the pill.. women who do this do it so that they can see when they're ovulating...when women are ovulating this fluid is very slippery, like egg whites.
When they're not they're usually dry, or the fluid is very thick and sticky.

Second of all, the pill is 99% effective if take correctly, and so is the condom(98%).
I dont see why you're worrying so much..
If you were only using a condom, id understand. But you have the pill to back you up...making your CM thicker, preventing ovulation..and many more things...your boyfriend doesnt have super-sperm does he?
You can get him to pull out if you want, but honestly its pointless with you being on the pill and all.
happy sex.

Old 08-01-2005, 05:54 PM   #4
(female)

kutie5 HB User

i was told cervical mucas or fluid is the same as vaginal discharge...

---yeah i dont know ive been on the pill for over a year so it has nothing to do with not being on it for a while and noticing the changes...

Im just trying to take all precautions and am confused on if it changes the way it would change if you were ovulating... haha

Old 08-01-2005, 05:55 PM   #5
(female)

mousey HB User

Also a woman can only fall pregnant when shes fertile..meaning when shes ovulating, and say 5 days before she ovulates and 5 days after she ovulates.
The pill, PREVENTS ovulation, which means you're infertile.

Old 08-01-2005, 06:22 PM   #6
(female)

kutie5 HB User

haha no i know all that!!!:-D

its just that ive heard of break through ovulateing (even in women who take the pill perfectly) i just want to be 100% safe and sure that everything is going to be okay!:-D

Thanks for your responces though.. i just check the cervical fluid incase of break through ovulation.. incase it happens i will know when it would happen (lk if it changes then i know.. well if i AM ovulateing then i would be ovulateing around now) you know what im sayin?:-p

Old 08-01-2005, 06:51 PM   #7
(female)

rose_rings HB User

Hi have been on BCP for several months now, and i have many changes in my cervical mucus, i have even had the slipery egg white mucus and then changed to pasty white.
So i don't think all females are dry the whole cycle through.

Old 08-01-2005, 07:16 PM   #8
(female)

kutie5 HB User

EXACTLY!! haha!

Thats why im asking.. im not dry at all during my cycle while in BCP and i take mine perfectly...

so thats why im wondering if it would change the same as if you WERE ovulating even though you arent!

Old 08-01-2005, 08:01 PM   #9
(female)

rose_rings HB User

I was trying to find out the same thing,
I have had sore breasts and slippery mucus around middle of my cycle, adn i wanted to find out if while on bcp you stil have these symptoms of ovulating but don't actully release an egg.
OR- IS my body crazy and realasing eggs??

Old 08-01-2005, 08:17 PM   #10
(female)

kutie5 HB User

omg me too!! Thats exactly what i want to know... its 6 days before my period right now and im kinda getting slippery but really thick and REALLY CLOUDY mucas... lol

I really wish someone would answer our question:-p

Old 08-01-2005, 11:19 PM   #11
(female)

mousey HB User

you can buy ovulation detectors and test to see if you're ovulating. Not all types of cervical mucus's indicate ovulation. one of the purposes of the pill is to thicken the cervical mucus, making it harder for sperm to get through.

Closed Thread