It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2005, 05:48 PM   #1
(female)

mousey HB User
Lightbulb Rytham method

I am in a serious relationship (4 years) and i dont want to go on the pill because of all the health risks involved. I have religiously regular periods (28 day cycles) and i usually ovulate around the same time each month (mid cycle).. occasionally my period would come a day or two late, or early but never more then that. Its been like this for over 9 years now.
Would it be safe for me to do the rytham method (i would do it a lot more strictly) plus use spermicide and the pull out method? I would only do this a few days before my period.
Just because we'd like to try sex without condoms..

Thanks, i would appriciate replies from people who know what the rytham method is about etc..

Old 08-02-2005, 07:28 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GLSheridan HB User
Re: Rytham method

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousey
I am in a serious relationship (4 years) and i dont want to go on the pill because of all the health risks involved. I have religiously regular periods (28 day cycles) and i usually ovulate around the same time each month (mid cycle).. occasionally my period would come a day or two late, or early but never more then that. Its been like this for over 9 years now.
Would it be safe for me to do the rytham method (i would do it a lot more strictly) plus use spermicide and the pull out method? I would only do this a few days before my period.
Just because we'd like to try sex without condoms..

Thanks, i would appriciate replies from people who know what the rytham method is about etc..

I'd recommend Natural Family Planning over the Rhythm Method. They're similar, but NFP asks that you monitor your body instead of just charting your cycle on the calender. It's more effective than the rhythm method, too.

While I don't rely on NFP, I know several couples who do, and who have never had an unexpected pregnancy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2005, 07:45 AM   #3

jriegel HB User
Re: Rytham method

i agree with GLSheridan

even if you have a "religiously regular" cycle, stress, diet, nutrition, etc. can all affect you cycle. apparently, using condoms has been effective for you for the past 4 years. but you don't have to use a condom after you've ovulated because there's nothing to fertilize. pick up a copy of "the art of natural family planning" or "taking charge of your fertility" to learn how to identify the symptoms that your body gives you every cycle to let you know that you are about to ovulate and have ovulated.

i'm with you on the health risks with the pill. i appreciate you taking responsibility for your decision by asking questions! ask away if you have more

Closed Thread