It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2005, 09:26 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 311
star_shine_2010 HB User
what is up with this?!

I have never really had a problem with acne or even zits in general! I was on Ortho Tri-Cyclen for 7 months and switched to Ovcon-35 last month. I am on my 2nd week of my 2nd month and all of a sudden my face broke out like crazy! Has anyone else had this problem?

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 08-01-2005, 11:40 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 311
star_shine_2010 HB User
Red face Re: what is up with this?!

please anyone?

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 08-01-2005, 11:47 PM   #3
Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 91
Has Questions HB User
Re: what is up with this?!

It's probably just because of the hormone changes in the different pills. Once your body gets used to the new BC, it should go back to normal.

 
Old 08-01-2005, 11:51 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 311
star_shine_2010 HB User
Re: what is up with this?!

thank you for your reply. it's just so weird b/c i've been on bc pills for 5 years and have never had a problem and all of a sudden my face exploded!

 
Old 08-02-2005, 11:08 AM   #5
Senior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Lawrence,MA
Posts: 149
Ankyra80 HB User
Re: what is up with this?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by star_shine_2010
thank you for your reply. it's just so weird b/c i've been on bc pills for 5 years and have never had a problem and all of a sudden my face exploded!
It might have been your body's reaction to the hot weather we have recently had (in the US)...
Pimples are caused from bacteria, so hot moist skin is perfect for bacteria to grow not only on your face but on anywhere on your body.

 
Old 08-02-2005, 11:13 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 311
star_shine_2010 HB User
Re: what is up with this?!

Thanks for your reply. I don't think it has been the weather. I've been an indoor girl for the past month b/c I severely sprained my ankle. I've become the most boring person alive haha! It is just frustrating. I got an acne wash but it seems like it's making my face worse! I hope it's just the hormones. Ortho Tri-Cyclen which is what i was on before had the same amount and type of estrogen, however the progesterone in my new pill is a different kind and is twice the amount of the highest levels in my third week of ortho tri-cyclen. So maybe it's just my face getting used to the overload of progestin...i hope! well thank you anyways!

 
Old 08-02-2005, 02:29 PM   #7
Senior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 212
omalll HB User
Re: what is up with this?!

Ovcon-35 has the progestin Norethindrone (0.40 mg). But Ortho Tricyclen has the progestin Norgestimate (0.15/0.215/0.25 mg). but they have the same estrogen and the same amount of it.

the progestin in ovcon35 is less-androgenic than in otc, but you also get more of it.

my vote is just because its different.
I just switched from OTC-lo to Mircette, and im breaking out too. but mircette is a lot more androgenic, and a much more potent progestin (even though you get less of it)... i just hope the pimples go away!

good luck

 
Old 08-02-2005, 05:41 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
kittywitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: usa, MI
Posts: 2,171
kittywitty HB Userkittywitty HB User
Re: what is up with this?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by star_shine_2010
I have never really had a problem with acne or even zits in general! I was on Ortho Tri-Cyclen for 7 months and switched to Ovcon-35 last month. I am on my 2nd week of my 2nd month and all of a sudden my face broke out like crazy! Has anyone else had this problem?
I've been on Ovcon-35 for almost 8 mons. For the first four months, I had what I call, 'a dry skin rash'. It looked yucky and it was itchy, no pimples, though. After four months, it stopped and I haven't had it since. I'm not saying it will take that long for your pimples to go away, everybody's different. It's probably just your body getting used to the pill, it should subside.

 
Old 08-02-2005, 11:03 PM   #9
Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 91
Has Questions HB User
Re: what is up with this?!

I think it's just because you changed pills. I want to change pills because of the cost, I want to go to a generic, but I am so afraid of switching. The reason I started taking BC was to clear up my face, and it has worked so perfectly that I'm afraid to switch. I'm on Yasmin now, and it's just awesome. I think I'll pay the 25 a month for clear skin.... and no babies.

 
Old 08-03-2005, 08:46 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 543
babygirl2005_21 HB User
Re: what is up with this?!

Sorry but it is not the hot weather. I took Alesse for 3 years and always had beautiful skin. I never got any zits. When I was 20 I decided to take a break from the pill. After being off of it for 2 months my face exploded as well. It wasn't overnight but gradually I started getting more and more pimples. I didn't want to get back on the pill cause I had lost weight after getting off of it. But my face got worse so I knew I had to. So I tried OTC lo and it made my face worse! Then I decided to try Yasmin and it is finally clearing me up. But now I have some scars and it just sucks because if I wouldn't have got off the pill this wouldn't have happened. As for my advice for you stick it out for 2-3 months if your face doesn't clear up I would get off the tri-phasic pills which is OTC and get on a mono- phasic which has the same amount of hormones throughout the whole month. Yasmin broke me out too the first month but then my skin started looking great by the end of month 2. It just takes some time for your body to get used to the pill.

 
Old 08-03-2005, 10:44 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 311
star_shine_2010 HB User
Re: what is up with this?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygirl2005_21
Sorry but it is not the hot weather. I took Alesse for 3 years and always had beautiful skin. I never got any zits. When I was 20 I decided to take a break from the pill. After being off of it for 2 months my face exploded as well. It wasn't overnight but gradually I started getting more and more pimples. I didn't want to get back on the pill cause I had lost weight after getting off of it. But my face got worse so I knew I had to. So I tried OTC lo and it made my face worse! Then I decided to try Yasmin and it is finally clearing me up. But now I have some scars and it just sucks because if I wouldn't have got off the pill this wouldn't have happened. As for my advice for you stick it out for 2-3 months if your face doesn't clear up I would get off the tri-phasic pills which is OTC and get on a mono- phasic which has the same amount of hormones throughout the whole month. Yasmin broke me out too the first month but then my skin started looking great by the end of month 2. It just takes some time for your body to get used to the pill.
I am on a monophasic pill. Ortho Tri-Cyclen is what I just switched from. I am in my second week of my second month of Ovcon-35 which is monophasic. OTC gave me beautiful skin, but the apettite change and mood swings were too much, so i switched to ovcon-35. I have been on the pill for 5 years and have never had this problem and i've been on at least 7 different pills and i tried the patch, so i guess it's just b/c my new pill has a different kind of progesterone in it.

 
Old 11-07-2005, 01:17 PM   #12
Newbie
(female)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: England
Posts: 7
manfy4 HB User
Re: what is up with this?!

i never used to get spots but now im on the BC i get one every month when im on my period. i think its just down to hormones as ive been on it three years and still get that odd little one. if they get worse you could see about changing your BC.

 
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
What a shock! lovemyhome Herpes 6 04-20-2010 11:51 AM
what triggers trigeminal neuragia attacks & how do you stop the pain? TV in RV Trigeminal Neuralgia 0 04-19-2010 10:23 AM
What are the chances of getting pregnant? longingforhope Birth Control 0 04-19-2010 06:16 AM
Given a treatment plan but feel it wrong - what next? Isobelj TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint 7 10-13-2003 07:22 PM
What's wrong with me? TawnyToad Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) 1 09-28-2003 07:57 PM




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Sign Up Today!

Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

I want my free account

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:47 AM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!