It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2005, 12:03 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

emmegirl85 HB User
Nuvaring question

I had put in the Nuvaring for one day on Thursday but took it out Friday bc I decided I wanted to be a Sunday starter. I put it back in on Sunday but now I'm wondering if it's still ok to use. I stored it in a plastic baggie. What do you guys think?

Old 08-02-2005, 01:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GLSheridan HB User
Re: Nuvaring question

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmegirl85
I had put in the Nuvaring for one day on Thursday but took it out Friday bc I decided I wanted to be a Sunday starter. I put it back in on Sunday but now I'm wondering if it's still ok to use. I stored it in a plastic baggie. What do you guys think?

You should have refridgerated it if you were going to "store" it. The ring is dispensed from the pharmacy refridgerated because room/body temp starts the release of the hormones. But, the package insert does say that it can be stored at room temperature, so I suppose as long as conditions weren't extreme, it's okay for short term use.

Regardless, I don't think it's a good idea to switch your day like that. You would have been better off finishing this cycle, and then putting in your new ring early, on a Sunday. But, what's done is done.

While I doubt any loss of effectiveness, you might want to abstain/use a back up method for at least 7 days after inserting the ring again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2005, 11:43 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

emmegirl85 HB User
Re: Nuvaring question

I wasn't informed that the ring needed to be refridgerated. I also have other, personal reasons for taking the ring out and putting it back in. Thank you for your response. I'll keep this ring in and won't switch to one of my packaged ones. I am not using the ring as a method of birth control to not get pregnant so I don't have to worry about that. Thanks again.

Closed Thread