It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2005, 09:13 AM   #1
(female)

mickih HB User
IUD Question

This is my third month on the Mirena IUD. I am not sure what to expect as far as my period goes. It's been 5 weeks since my last one. I felt crampy and bloated last week, but no period. I have been lightly bleeding since I had Mirena inserted. I have heard of periods eventually stopping, but I thought that wasn't until later.

Old 08-12-2005, 10:40 PM   #2
(female)

PinkyToe HB User
Re: IUD Question

hi mickih,

i have had my mirena for a year and half and i have learned you have to throw any expectations you have of your period to the wind . i would get mine periodically in the beginning, they were much lighter but came with worse cramps... about 6-9 months i stopped having it all together but would experience light light spotting a day or two here and there. now, after being period free for like a year it came back for a week and now i've been spotting for a week after that. i've talked to my doctor about it and she says basically the whole environment is changed and it's very different for everyone. i definitely wouldn't worry so long as you are feeling ok, and just always have something on hand in case it does decide to show up. and, if you ever have concerns i'm sure your doctor won't mind a call... i'm sure many people with IUD's have a ton of questions and concerns during the first year or even longer.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2005, 02:29 PM   #3
(female)

mickih HB User
Re: IUD Question

Thanks for the reply. I was just worried, because according to the brochure that came with my IUD, it says that your period usually doesn't completely stop until after about a year. Of course, since I have been lightly bleeding off and on, I guess I could have had my period and not even really know it.

Right now I am not spotting at all. It's the first time since I had it put in at the end of May that I haven't had some type of bleeding. I just don't know what to expect with this thing.

I have been periodically checking for the strings like the doc says. They are still there. So I guess that's good.

Closed Thread