It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2005, 10:37 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

SunKissed HB User
Why does this happen???

I get my period every thursday on my placebo pills. I used to get it early in the morning of that day, like 4 am. Then I started getting it later...around 10 am and then 5 pm...and once even 11 pm!!! I am waiting for my period today and I don't even feel like I am gonna get it and its almost 2 in the afternoon.

Does our bodies just change and we get our period at different times or shouldnt it at least be around the same time frame??

Old 08-04-2005, 10:54 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

star_shine_2010 HB User
Re: Why does this happen???

How long have you been on this particular pill and if you don't mind me asking, which pill is it? Some people say that you can start to get immuned to your pill. Or it might take awhile, but after awhile your pill isn't strong enough for you. This happened to me with Ortho Tri-Cyclen and I just had to switch pills last month.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2005, 11:08 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

SunKissed HB User

I am on Lo Ovral. I have been on it since April. I used to be on Ortho TriCyclen LO and switched to Lo Ovral. Other than the hours, I usually always get it on Thursday.

Old 08-04-2005, 01:02 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

star_shine_2010 HB User

Are you taking it at the same time everyday? Also, sometimes if you take your pills at a different time than the last month it can throw off your period. For instance if you took your pills at noon, but then the next month you started taking them at 5 it would throw your period off by a couple hours. However if you're taking them at the same time everyday and every pack is the same time, then that shouldn't be happening. Or your body might still be adjusting to them. If it starts to get days off I would see your doctor.

Old 08-04-2005, 03:10 PM   #5
(female)

KSSS HB User

WOW! You can actually nail it down to a time, I find that amazing. I've been on Estrostep and so far I know that my period always come in the morning of my third placebo day (which is Monday, so some Mondays really suck!). I don't think a few hours here or there are a big problem, I've heard on some posts here that there are some who don't even get bleeding on the pill but aren't pregnant either. All I've noticed is that my periods always come on Monday mornings and that they are lighter than whe I wasn't on the pill.

Closed Thread