It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2005, 06:19 PM   #1
(female)

Emily3219 HB User
yasmin experiences

I just want to know everyone's experiences with yasmin if they took it. I want both good and bad.

Also, i read it the booklet they gave me that many women spot through 1-3 packs of it. well i was wondering sice i've been spotting for over a month if maybe this would cut me a break because i dont know if i want to take it and spot for another 2-3 months. or do they just say many women spot for all types of bc?

thank you!

Old 08-04-2005, 06:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GLSheridan HB User
Re: yasmin experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily3219
I just want to know everyone's experiences with yasmin if they took it. I want both good and bad.

Also, i read it the booklet they gave me that many women spot through 1-3 packs of it. well i was wondering sice i've been spotting for over a month if maybe this would cut me a break because i dont know if i want to take it and spot for another 2-3 months. or do they just say many women spot for all types of bc?

thank you!

Spotting is a POSSIBLE side effect with ALL brands of birth control.

As for personal experiences, there are literally dozens of posts on this board devoted solely to Yasmin. Read through those.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2005, 08:11 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

babygirl2005_21 HB User

I really like Yasmin alot! People on here usuallly only write about their bad experiences with it so I would be careful reading their posts. Try it out if 3 months go by and you don't like it you can quit and try something else. It has really cleared up my skin and not caused weight gain like most pills do. There was some moodiness at first but it went away after the 1st month.

Old 08-05-2005, 08:17 AM   #4
(female)

stoutheart HB User

I just started it today. I'll let you know how I do on it.

I have had lots of problems with spotting and btb from my last 2 pills (Ovcon & Estrostep). I'm really hoping that this pill will be the one.

Old 08-05-2005, 10:13 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

rush_rulz HB User

I just got off this pill, well back in May that is. Wouldn't go back on it, I had some odd experiences such as numb tingly hands, and peeing a lot, it was as if my potassium levels were effected, at least from what i've read about hyperkelimia, which is when your potassium levels get messed up. From what I read in the yasmin brochure that can happen and of course my dr did not warn me nor listen to me, though he did prescribe a different pill, which I am now on (Apri)

Old 08-16-2005, 10:04 PM   #6
(female)

NICKCUE HB User

i am on yasmin and i have been happy and unhappy with some of the side effects. I switched from the patch b/c I gained 14 pounds with the patch and no longer fit into any of my pants. My doctor prescribed Yasmni and I did a lot of research before I decided to start taking it. Most of the weight I gained with the patch came right off and I fit back into my clothes. Thank goodness. I never get moody with this pill (well i shouldn't say never b/c I always had a couple of moody days before I started taking any bc). However, my skin is so oily and I have never suffered from oily skin. I have also noticed that my skin tone has become very uneven and my skin is very sensitive to everything from moisturizer to the makeup I use (it burns whenever I apply anything to my face). And on top of that, I have brown spots on my face which has been diagnosed as melasma and is common among bc users. I really don't want to go off the pil b/c this one is the only one out of 4 different brands that I tried and haven't gained weight with. {removed}

Last edited by Modinatrix21; 08-17-2005 at 04:20 AM. Reason: Please make a new thread for your question

Old 09-01-2007, 03:55 AM   #7
(female)

PILLUSER HB User

I have been on Yasmin for 4 months. The reason I was switched to this pill was for the reason of spotting. Unfortunately, this pill has caused mood swings, excessive urination, kramps at several different times of the month and even more spotting than my last pill. I have one more pill and I am getting off of this pill. It has been a very negative experience. Based on my experience, I would never recommend this pill. Everyone is different.

Old 09-01-2007, 05:53 AM   #8
(female)

miss_kawasaki HB User
Thumbs up Re: yasmin experiences

Positive Yasmin Feedback
Even before I started taking my first Yasmin Pill
I loved it, my wonderful GP couldn't praise it enough!!
It exceeded all my expectations and more
My periods weren't painful,
weren't long and heavy
I went from painful cramps, 7-10 days of heavy bleeding to
3-4 days of light to medium flow now that is something that makes
every girl
My skin, face, hair and nails were beautiful the best they had being
for a long time, I didn't need much make up as my skin had a radiance
about it
On top of all this I wasn't brought down very month with PMT

Negative Yasmin Feedback
The price here it's between $60 - $70
and isn't covered by any Government subsidy's

Would I recommend it?
Absolutely

Old 09-04-2007, 09:54 AM   #9
Inactive
(female)

mcr285 HB Usermcr285 HB User

yasmin nearly destroyed my family! the side effects started out mild, but got progressively worse with each month! i got angry at stupid things all the time, i yelled at my husband ALL the time, i got angry with my little girls ALL the time, and eventually, it got to where i wanted to physically HURT my two year old daughter (because she was being a typical two year old), and i grabbed her and i came close to hitting her because i wanted her to HURT. fortunately i did NOT hurt her, probably scared her a little, but we were lucky. i really thought i was going crazy, until i started looking closer at literature about yasmin. i read on places like this where other people wrote about their own experiences with yasmin, and there were just too many people who sounded like me, so i quit taking yasmin that day! it didn't take long and all the crazy moodiness and meanness went away!

Old 09-04-2007, 10:27 AM   #10
(female)

Post-It HB User

Not on Yasmin, but Yaz. I started at the beginning of August. The first week was a little rough (I switched from Apri Oral to Yaz), lots of crying over weird things. I remember going through that when I first started on Apri, too. But after the first week, it's been fantastic. I started taking it to combat hormonal anxiety and it has worked so far. Yaz is a 24-day hormones/4-day placebo pill, and I didn't get my period until the end of my very last day of placebo pills, but everything's been fine. I would recommend it. It has totally leveled me out - I always got terribly anxious on the third week of the Apri active pills and Yaz seems to have done the trick.

Old 09-05-2007, 03:11 PM   #11
(female)

winnie23 HB User

PreYasmin I had moderate acne and eventually I found out that high levels of testosterone was the culprit. I was worried about taking a BCP because of the horror stories, especially since my period came regularly with no pain and I had a stable though not ideal weight.

When I was on Yasmin for 2 years my skin was clear with minimum care, and my period was regular- though I had some spotting issues the first month I started. I definitely did not notice any mood swings or cramping. My breast did go up one cup size, and that's before I gained 5 lbs in the last year.

September 2006 was the last time I used it, I had to stop because my prescription ran out and I had no insurance. Thereafter my period came as usual and my skin was still clear. However between March-July of this year my period did not come, and since February my face has been breaking out like it used to preYasmin days. I just saw my PA today for an annual checkup, and she said she doesn't think Yasmin was the culprit for my missing periods. It was probably triggered by stress around the beginning of that time.

I'm actually going to start taking Yasmin again this month, and I look forward to getting my clear skin back. I will keep an eye out for any weird mood swings or weight gain. Everyone's body is different so it's not surprising that other people's experience is different.

Old 09-05-2007, 08:17 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I do not have ANY negative effects from Yasmin. It's really something you have to try and you will find out soon if it works for you or not, because obviously all our experiences are soo different.

Yasmin helped my skin.. it isn't as oily and is more regular now. It has not affected my weight at all. I was getting very sick during my periods before and throwing up a lot and Yasmin fixed that completely. I never really get cramps either! I have never experienced the numbness that some people say they get... I can get numb feet easily but that's because I sit on them too much and need to stop that ! I do currently deal with mood problems, anxiety, and depression, but I had them BEFORE Yasmin. It hasn't made them any worse but not better either. I don't get any PMS problems though.

I have heard of a few people saying the price was a lot... luckily it is $62 for 3 months with my insurance, but I guess you have to see what works for your insurance as well.

Closed Thread