It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2005, 06:49 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

confused32 HB User
Mirena and heartburn

Anyone with the mirena noticed that they get heartburn more now? I dont know if these 2 have anything to do with each other but i have had my mirena for 2 weeks now and for the past week i have had heartburn just about everyday, i never heard of this being a side effect anyone else notice this?

Old 08-05-2005, 07:16 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GLSheridan HB User
Re: Mirena and heartburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by confused32
Anyone with the mirena noticed that they get heartburn more now? I dont know if these 2 have anything to do with each other but i have had my mirena for 2 weeks now and for the past week i have had heartburn just about everyday, i never heard of this being a side effect anyone else notice this?

The manufacturer of the IUD doesn't list heartburn (or anything related) as a side effect.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2005, 07:17 AM   #3
(female)

mickih HB User

I Have been on Mirena for about 3 months and I haven't experienced any noticeable heartburn.

Last edited by mickih; 08-05-2005 at 02:06 PM.

Old 08-05-2005, 04:27 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

caliente HB User

heartburn has been very common for me since i was pregnant with my daughter seven years ago. at one point last year, i had heartburn every day for two months. but i have had mirena for two months now and have not had heartburn at all.

Old 08-05-2005, 08:13 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

confused32 HB User

Thanks for your replies. I never had heartburn other than when i was pregnant and i know im not pregnant now, but maybe my body is different and its going to happen now like you said happend to you i just thought maybe the mirena might cause it, i know its not listed as a side effect but neither are alot of them that i have read that people say is caused by mirena. I was scared at first it might be a heart problem but it seems to be gone now so i guess its ok, but thanks again

Old 07-20-2006, 01:35 PM   #6
(female)

SDiegoGal HB User

I do realize that this thread is about a year old, but I am hoping to get some info from the OP.

Did you find that the mirena caused heartburn? Are you still experiencing it?

I was on the patch for about a year and had horrible heartbrn every month about a week before my period. I stopped the patch and the heartburn magically disappeared. I just got mirena inserted about month ago and the heartburn is back, but seems to be continuous. I, too, was scared that I might be having heart trouble, but now I am convinced that the heartburn is caused by birth control.

Does anyone have any insight into this? I find heartburn/birth control links every now and then, but it doesn't seem to be a common thing.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Old 07-21-2006, 05:36 AM   #7
(female)

Kickle HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickih
I Have been on Mirena for about 3 months and I haven't experienced any noticeable heartburn.
Mickih, What do you think of your Mirena so far? My Dr. thinks it will help with endo and bleeding but I am a little skepticle after reading some of the posts.

Old 02-06-2007, 05:01 AM   #8
(female)

jamila76 HB User

I've developed acid reflux since I got mine, I've never had heartburn even except when I was pregnant! Manufacturers only list the side effects that are most common. Believe me its possible!

The Following User Says Thank You to jamila76 For This Useful Post:
hsdiaz (02-27-2012)
Old 02-06-2007, 04:13 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

teacher2be HB User

i have seem to be the heartburn queen lately because i have really been having alot of it lately. anyways i looked up on the internet medicines that can worsen heartburn, and it lists oral contraceptives on it.

Closed Thread