It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2005, 10:09 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

star_shine_2010 HB User
Unhappy Worried...like always

I have really been thinking lately and I am questioning whether or not I actually trust the pill. I use the pill and VCF (vaginal contraceptive film). I am allergic to condoms and just recently stopped using them (thank goodness!). I am on Ovcon-35 which has 35 mgs of estrogen and .4 mcgs of progestin. I am a religious pill user. I am just so paranoid of getting pregnant. I started researching the Mirena IUD and then found out they don't place it in women who have not had children, so there goes that idea. I don't want to start the shot b/c of all the horror stories i've heard. I can't do the nuvaring...well was advised against it by my dr. b/c of my history of yeast infections. I've tried the patch. I mean how many of you out there used the pill consistantly and faithfully and still got pregnant? Anyone who can calm my fears would be GREATLY appreciated!
Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2005, 11:32 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

SayMoo HB User
Question Re: Worried...like always

Maybe you should reconsider having sex.
The VCF is 80-90% effective and the pill is 99.9% effective if used correctly.
Perhaps all the other women that claim to have gotten pregnant because of the pill didnt really take it perfectly. People lie all the time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2005, 11:34 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

SayMoo HB User
Lightbulb Re: Worried...like always

With sex runs that small risk of pregnancy and if you're that paranoid, maybe you shouldnt be having sex..its just not worth it if you're gonna be worrying all the time

Old 08-06-2005, 06:50 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

star_shine_2010 HB User
Re: Worried...like always

I am quite aware that sex runs that risk. I have been with my boyfriend for a very long time and we are engaged, however we're waiting until after we're through with college. I know if I did get pregnant, the situation wouldn't be the best, but it'd be ok. I've only started worrying when I stopped using condoms. We used condoms for basically the whole year we've been having sex and they've given me yeast infections, chafed me, caused me to break out in a rash that goes down my inner thigh. I've been to the dr. and she said I'm allergic to latex. I would polyeurethane condoms, but it clearly states on the box that how effective it is in preventing pregnancy is unknown, so that's when I got the VCF. I know I take my pills everyday and on time with no other drug interactions so I know the pill is working, it' just that so many people are like oh I got preg. on this pill or that pill. I would just like it if they said "oh yeah...i forgot about that pill I took late." haha! Anyways thanks for your reply!

Old 08-06-2005, 08:38 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

SunKissed HB User

I have a friend who has been on OrthoTriclen LO for almost 3 years and she has had sex with MANY guys ...not something too be too proud of....but just using her for an example. And she told me she NEVER uses condoms and lets the guys ejaculate right in her-and shes never gotten pregnant.

Old 08-06-2005, 10:37 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Daisies4monkeys HB User

Don't worry -- you only have a 1/1000 chance of getting pregnant on the pill when taking it as you are. Relax, you're well protected.

Old 08-06-2005, 05:11 PM   #7
(female)

crayzechick HB User

I had used the pill for 11 years without getting pregnant.

I did, however, recently switch to the Mirena IUD. I haven't had children. In Europe, the IUD is the most common form of birth control. American doctors are just now wising up to this. If you are sure you don't want children for at least another 5 years (it can be taken out sooner if you change your mind), and you are sure you'll be with the same partner, I say go ask your doctor about the IUD. I think the only reason they often say they wont insert into a woman that hasn't had a child is that it can be more painful to put an IUD in a cervix that hasn't been through childbirth.

But if you are happy with taking the pill at the same time every day, it's a very effective form of birth control. At least, it certainly was for me.

Old 08-06-2005, 09:04 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

SayMoo HB User

Try the VCF- Vaginal contraceptive film- its 90% effective if used perfectly..+ the bc pill, it should be enough

Old 08-06-2005, 09:05 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

SayMoo HB User

In the referance to the other person, i also have a friend who use to have unprotected sex for years, and simply pull out..she never got pregnant..now her boyfriend ejaculates inside of her (shes on the pill), and she hardly ever takes her pills on time..she always takes it an hour late or so...sometimes more..she hasnt gotten pregnant.

Closed Thread