It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2005, 11:32 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

kittywitty HB Userkittywitty HB User
Breakthrough bleeding?

I've been on Ovcon-35 for like 8 or 9 months now. Last month, I took it later than my normal time (10:30pm) by about 3 or 4 hours. I was late taking it like this for about 3 days in a row. Within a couple days after that I got spotting, no big deal. I actually was kinda expecting that with this particular pill. I've been on it before. It seems with this one you almost have to take it to the minute! Anyway, shortly thereafter, I started the placebos and got my period, as usual, just like normal. However, this month, as of today, I started to spot again. I still have a week left of active pills?! I don't know why I'd bleed like this again because I've been taking my pills correctly and on time or at least within a half hour. What's going on? Can anyone shed some light? Sorry so wordy. I babble when I'm worried.

Last edited by kittywitty; 08-06-2005 at 12:48 AM.

Old 08-06-2005, 07:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Re: Breakthrough bleeding?

Anybody???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2005, 09:12 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Daisies4monkeys HB User

If you start spotting like this next month too, talk to your doctor. You might want to consider a pill switch.

Old 08-08-2005, 06:14 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Okay, so now it's a full-fledged period, complete with bloating! I feel like a cow. My "real" period is still a week away!! Grrrrrr! I swear, if it's from taking it a few hours late last month, I will take it exactly on time from now on.

Last edited by kittywitty; 08-08-2005 at 06:42 PM.

Old 08-09-2005, 01:05 AM   #5
(female)

traci82 HB User

Oh wow I am so happy I am not alone, I am currently taking Mircette, and I have been taking it the same time everyday untill my last 3 white pills before the period pills I took it 3 hours late. I start spotting a little and then 2 pills before my period I started bleeding a lot, clotting and all eck! I was so paranoid but I guess thats what happens when you dont take them the same time everyday. I am very very bloated and I to feel like a cow. I just lost 43 pounds well it took me a year but when you get on the scale and gain 5 pounds in a day you freak out.... glad I am not alone. I like Mircette but this is the first time this has happened while being on birth control.

ciao

Old 08-15-2005, 06:45 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Well, I think the bleeding might have FINALLY stopped. I'm not used to bleeding for this long. Normally my regular period is only 4 days. BTW, my "actual" period is supposed to be this week (placebo week). It will be interesting to see what happens.

Last edited by kittywitty; 08-15-2005 at 06:47 AM.

Old 08-15-2005, 09:14 AM   #7
(female)

Allison1125 HB User

hi kitty....i too am on ovcon & take it at exactly the same minute every day. and i get btb every month...usually on day 9 of the pack but last month it held out till week 3. when it starts on day 9, i get a regular period at the end of the month. last month however, i didnt have a period during my period week...i'm guessing because the btb stopped at the end of week 3. so i think you might not get a real period this month.

Old 08-15-2005, 11:07 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Daisies4monkeys HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allison1125
hi kitty....i too am on ovcon & take it at exactly the same minute every day. and i get btb every month...usually on day 9 of the pack but last month it held out till week 3. when it starts on day 9, i get a regular period at the end of the month. last month however, i didnt have a period during my period week...i'm guessing because the btb stopped at the end of week 3. so i think you might not get a real period this month.
If you have breakthrough bleeding every month, and you've been on it for more then a few months, you should consider switching pills. The one you're on may not have the right amount/formulation of hormones for you.

Old 08-15-2005, 11:27 AM   #9
(female)

Allison1125 HB User

hi daisies...i did switch. i started estrostep fe in january. then my dr switched me to ovcon-35...i'm currently on my 3rd pack. just started bleeding today (day 9 of the pack). i called my gyn...left a message. i dont know what shes gonna say but i'm so sick & tired of this. i'm seriously considering quitting all together. this has gone on long enough & i'm not seeing any benefits from taking the pill...except the whole not getting pregnant thing...but i guess it doesnt really matter if you're bleeding all the time & cant have sex anyways!

Old 08-15-2005, 05:10 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allison1125

Well, I've been on it for 8 months now and this month is the only time I had any bleeding other than my period. The only thing that I can think of that put my cycle out-of-whack is that I was 3 or 4 hours late taking it for 3 days in a row last month. At that time, I spotted two pills before the placebos then got my period as usual. But this month is really nutty! I started bleeding the beginning of my last week of actives. Hopefully next month it will be straightened out.

Closed Thread