It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2005, 02:57 AM   #1
(female)

P00hbear HB User
I feel awful on Ortho-Tricylen Lo

Hi, I just started taking Ortho-Lo a couple of weeks ago and I feel really awful. I have to take lo estrogen pills because of high blood pressure but I wonder if I am better off with no pill even though my periods are heavy and painful. I feel crampy, hot, nauseated, tired, and moody! We are going on vacation next Saturday and I am worried about feeling this way. I feel like I am about to start also but I wonder what would happen if I stopped the pill now.

I used to be on Desogen and felt great. I had to stop it because of the blood pressure.

Any advice anyone?

Old 08-06-2005, 05:34 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GLSheridan HB User
Re: I feel awful on Ortho-Tricylen Lo

Quote:
Originally Posted by P00hbear
Hi, I just started taking Ortho-Lo a couple of weeks ago and I feel really awful. I have to take lo estrogen pills because of high blood pressure but I wonder if I am better off with no pill even though my periods are heavy and painful. I feel crampy, hot, nauseated, tired, and moody! We are going on vacation next Saturday and I am worried about feeling this way. I feel like I am about to start also but I wonder what would happen if I stopped the pill now.

I used to be on Desogen and felt great. I had to stop it because of the blood pressure.

Any advice anyone?

These crappy side effects are normal, and it's recommended that you deal with it for at least 3 months. Desogen is different than Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo, so of course, your experience wouldn't be the same.

I'd suggest changing your pill time; take it at bedtime if you normally take it during the day. Try to stick it out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2005, 08:01 AM   #3
(female)

AznaOnEarth HB User

I just started Ortho-Tricylen Lo a week ago and the first 3 days I had all those side effects but then I started eating 3 heathy meals a day and now I have no side effects.

Old 08-10-2005, 09:01 AM   #4
(female)

julebules HB User

My first week on Ortho-Tricylen Lo I was unreasonablly irritable, picking fights with practically everyone close to me. My second week the crying started. Random sadness overcomes me. I haven't been able to sleep and the worrying is very reminiscent of a depressive episode. I too am about to leave for a vacation. 10 days in California, but I can't help but wonder what the next week will bring. I can't stand this lack of emotional control. I know I am pushing my loved ones away. Tell me this will pass!!!

Last edited by julebules; 08-10-2005 at 09:03 AM.

Old 08-10-2005, 01:30 PM   #5
(female)

P00hbear HB User

Hi there, actually I was having so many problems I stopped taking it over the weekend, I just could not handle it. I feel so much better now, back to my old self. In fact, I was back to my old self the day I stopped taking it. It was a huge relief. It was not possible to do it for three months given the pain and emotional problems it caused for me. I will have to deal with a painful cycle and probably during my vacation, but I know what to expect with that and it is much better than what I was dealing with.

Check with your Dr. ASAP and see what they think about it, maybe you can get something else or just restart again after the vacation, I am not sure what your situation is so it is important to talk to your Dr. before making any decisions.

Old 08-10-2005, 05:20 PM   #6
(female)

Skylar333 HB User

Taking it at night worked the best for me because the side effects all happened to me at night and I was usually asleep for them. Give the pill some time to see if the side effects will ease up. I got pregnant while on these pills. I had only missed one too. So make sure you take them everyday and at the same time. Try talking to your gyno if the side effects don't ease up in a few weeks.

Closed Thread