It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2005, 08:42 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Longview HB User
Concerns about LO

I started ortho tri cyclen lo on the 31st. It will soon be 7 days and then ill be "protected" my question is ..how well should i go by the 7 day thing? is it for sure true im protected on 7 days of being on it? im just a little scared to have sex without a condom soon..any thoughts? anything would be appreciated...
im also curious to ask..if you havent had ANY side effects of LO..does that mean its not working? since starting it i havent had anything the gyno said i might experience..no nausea, no breast tenderness etc. i have seen my face clear up a bit though and sometimes i feel like im starving and i eat but then cant eat alot..thats all ive seen..i take it everyday at 9pm..do you think its working?

Old 08-06-2005, 09:41 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Daisies4monkeys HB User
Re: Concerns about LO

You don't HAVE to stop using condoms after seven days, that's just the earliest you can. If you feel more comfortable using condoms for the whole first pack, then go ahead -- in fact, you can ALWAYS use them if you want to.

After seven days of taking the pill on time, without any interfering substances or vomiting afterwards (ie perfectly), then you are fully protected. But again, you can continue to use condoms for as long as you wish.

While many women DO experience side effects on the pill, not all do. And you are on a very low-dose pill, which means that there is likely even less chance for side effects in many cases.

I'm sure it is working perfectly well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2005, 12:03 PM   #3
(female)

RiotGirl00 HB User
Re: Concerns about LO

Yea, it's probably working well.
I got on Lo about 6 months ago and I haven't had any side-effects either . My boyfriend and I never use condoms anymore and so far it's been working awesome.
You are protected after those 7days, so you don't have to use condoms if you don't feel like it.
I also felt like eating more when I started the pill, and thought I would gain a ton of weight like a lot of other people say they have... but it didn't happen thankfully.
As long as there's nothing strange going on you're fine.

Closed Thread