It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2005, 10:35 PM   #1
(female)

starrynight808 HB User
i need advice.. could i be pregnant?

i am on Alesse and up until last week i took it religiously at 4pm every day... the latest i'd ever been taken it was an hour late accidently a few months ago.. i've never been bad about taking the pill on time... until last week when i was on vacation- monday through friday. i took the pill very late in the day, between 3 and 8 hours late (though i never went a day without taking the pill). that was the 2nd week of my pack. i understand that the worst pills to miss are the first week. throughout my vacation i had spotty bleeding (this has never happened, i assumed it was from taking pills at random times). saturday i took the pill at 4 pm again, after taking it at 7pm on friday. saturday night i had unprotected sex with my boyfriend whom i hadn't seen in a week. it seems like immediately after that my spotty bleeding stopped and now i am worried that my week of not taking the pill on time may have allowed ovulation. next monday should be the start of my period. i am so nervous that i could be pregnant that i cant wait for a missed period. but will i have a period, since i had spotty bleeding last week? i am so confused... i should have been better about taking my pills on time but i was on the beach until the evening. what are the odds that i could be pregnant? and when can i take a pregnancy test (and have it be accurate?)

Old 08-08-2005, 01:46 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

SayMoo HB User
Re: i need advice.. could i be pregnant?

You can miss up to 12 hours and STILL be protected.. so if you took it a few times 2-3-4 hours later then normal you're still protected and should be fine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2005, 08:45 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

GLSheridan HB User
Re: i need advice.. could i be pregnant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrynight808
i am on Alesse and up until last week i took it religiously at 4pm every day... the latest i'd ever been taken it was an hour late accidently a few months ago.. i've never been bad about taking the pill on time... until last week when i was on vacation- monday through friday. i took the pill very late in the day, between 3 and 8 hours late (though i never went a day without taking the pill). that was the 2nd week of my pack. i understand that the worst pills to miss are the first week. throughout my vacation i had spotty bleeding (this has never happened, i assumed it was from taking pills at random times). saturday i took the pill at 4 pm again, after taking it at 7pm on friday. saturday night i had unprotected sex with my boyfriend whom i hadn't seen in a week. it seems like immediately after that my spotty bleeding stopped and now i am worried that my week of not taking the pill on time may have allowed ovulation. next monday should be the start of my period. i am so nervous that i could be pregnant that i cant wait for a missed period. but will i have a period, since i had spotty bleeding last week? i am so confused... i should have been better about taking my pills on time but i was on the beach until the evening. what are the odds that i could be pregnant? and when can i take a pregnancy test (and have it be accurate?)

The the packet of information that came with your pills. It should tell you what is considered a "missed pill" or a "late pill" and what to do in each situation. Some pills consider more than a few hours a "missed pill" and a back-up method is required.

I seriously doubt that you're pregnant, however do read your package insert.

Closed Thread