It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2005, 12:45 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

blue_eyed_girl HB User
Question Late Period

I thought my cycle was around 28-30 days. I joined a site that keeps track of my period for me. My last cycle was 33 days. I was on Errin, a low dose b/c. On July 24, I changed to Estrostep which is full dose. I was expecing break-through bleeding, but not a lack there of. When I started Errin, I had break through bleeding every two weeks for six weeks. I am not talking about spotting, I am saying full flow! So, that is why I was a little confused with the no bleeding at all.I am now on day 37 of my cycle. I noticed some spotting around 12:30. I put on a pad, afraid I might start bleeding. Since then I have checked once. I have a little bit on pink blood on my pad and none when I wiped. That was a little after two.

Can changing BC delay my period? How long, or how many cycles will it take to get to a more "regular" cycle.

Oh, I am a Sunday starter.

Thanks!!!!

Old 08-08-2005, 02:30 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Daisies4monkeys HB User
Re: Late Period

Your period will come when you take your placebo pills.

It will take three to six months for your body to get "used" to the new pill. Lack of breakthrough bleeding is a GOOD thing. Before you had breakthrough bleeding because the hormones were not strong enough to keep the uterine lining stable, so you bled. This new pill has more hormones in it, and thus is seemingly better at stabalizing your uterine lining, thus making you not have any breakthrough bleeding.

Cycles on the pill are much different then cycles off the pill, the main difference being that off the pill, you ovulate. On it you do not. The pill controls your cycle, and you will bleed during your placebo week (ie, the fourth week of pills)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2005, 05:56 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

blue_eyed_girl HB User
Re: Late Period

Thank you. I guess I will have to wait one more week.

Closed Thread