It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2005, 01:43 PM   #1
(female)

stoutheart HB User
Time change for pill

Hi Ladies,
I'm going to Hawaii in a few weeks and I wanted to make sure I take my pill at the correct time. I'm in California and take my pill at 7am. I think Hawaii is 3 hrs behind us. So does that mean that I would take my pill at 4 am? Is there any way that I can change by about an hour before I go so I can take it a little later while I'm on vacation without decreasing the effectiveness? I would like to sleep in a little before getting up to take it .

Thanks for any help!!

~Heidi

Last edited by stoutheart; 08-08-2005 at 01:48 PM.

Old 08-08-2005, 02:25 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Daisies4monkeys HB User
Re: Time change for pill

Check your pill packet and see what it says about late pills. If it doesnt consider a pill missed until it is 12 hours late, then the simplest thing is probably to just start taking it an hour or even three later then your normally would. To be extra careful, use back-up such as condoms for seven days following the switch, but with most pills, this is not necessary. Check your pill packet and see what it says.

After you switch the time, it's best to just keep taking it at that time until you finish the pack, even if you intend to go back to taking it at 7am when you get back from vacation.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread